OK I need clarification on a epi

Rate this topic

wasnt there a episode in which Mulder slept over at Scullys apartment. This was before she finds out shes pregnant. I think the epi. implied they had sex.

It was never clear to me how she got pregnant. Didnt Fox also donate his semen to help her get pregant. Anyone remember any of these plotlines because my memory is fuzzy

The short answer is that Chris Carter won't say.

The long answer is that it's complicated. What season is the episode you're talking about from? There were always hints of sexual tension throughout the series, but the actual act was never really implied until the 8th season, surrounding the pregnancy. Do you remember the episode (perhaps it was two) where Scully tries to rendevous with Mulder via the creepy intelligence guy played by Terry O'Quinn? He said something along the lines of "I was surprised that one night you invited Mulder over to your bed" and Scully is shocked. There is debate as to whether she is shocked that he would suggest that or that he knows it happened.

And yes, Mulder donated his seed to be a surrogate father. There was a rare chance she could conceive with a surrogate, and she asked him to be the father. He agreed, but the egg didn't accept the donor.

So there are several theories regarding her pregnancy:

-She and Mulder had sex, had a miracle baby.

-An alien race impregnated Scully , or the military did, in order to breed a perfect super soldier.

-She simply had a miracle child.

Keep in mind that in the final episode, she refers to William as "our son" when she talks to Mulder. This does not necessarily mean they had sex, though, as it could have turned out the egg did accept the donation or what have you.

It is all ambiguous, and 1013 deliberately portrayed it all as such.

I know this doesn't really clear anything up, sorry :D If you have a more pointed question [no pun intended] I can be of better service.

O.K. There was at least one time I can think of that Mulder was sleeping in her appartment withOUT them having sex. It was one of the Anaszi episodes. He felt bad, and woke up, in her bed, and she had taken his gun to have it tested to prove that he did not shoot his father.

There was not an actual episode in which he donated his sperm. It was just mentioned in a flashback in season 8. I'll have to check to see which one. I think it was like a 2 parter in the middle of the season.

Do you remember the episode (perhaps it was two) where Scully tries to rendevous with Mulder via the creepy intelligence guy played by Terry O'Quinn? He said something along the lines of "I was surprised that one night you invited Mulder over to your bed" and Scully is shocked.

That was season 9s... "Trust No 1".

O.K. There was at least one time I can think of that Mulder was sleeping in her appartment withOUT them having sex. It was one of the Anaszi episodes. He felt bad, and woke up, in her bed, and she had taken his gun to have it tested to prove that he did not shoot his father.

There was not an actual episode in which he donated his sperm. It was just mentioned in a flashback in season 8. I'll have to check to see which one. I think it was like a 2 parter in the middle of the season.

Yeah, when you have a horrendous fever and are about to die, you aren't exactly in the mood for sex!

And correct, the donation sequence was a flashback. I believe it happened in Season 9, though... perhaps the episode where Scully finally gives up William?

There are too many episodes of the X-Files... can't keep em straight :p

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Frank L.
wasnt there a episode in which Mulder slept over at Scullys apartment. This was before she finds out shes pregnant. I think the epi. implied they had sex.

The episode was written and directed by Gillian Anderson and is called 'All Things' (season 7).

It was never clear to me how she got pregnant. Didnt Fox also donate his semen to help her get pregant. Anyone remember any of these plotlines because my memory is fuzzy

I don't remember either, but I'm not completely sure if it ever was explained. I know Scully was left barren after her abduction, but in the episodes 'Christmas Carol/Emily' she finds out she has a baby named Emily. Emily dies. Flashbacks in the season 8 episode 'Per Manum' tell us Mulder donated semen to help Scully get pregnant, like you said, but it didn't take. After the news in that same episode Mulder says: "Never give up on a miracle." If this flashback took place before the season 7 episode 'All Things' they could have had sex and Scully got pregnant with the help of a miracle. I remember Mulder acting as a father, but I'm not too sure...

Guest A Stranger

Here's probably what happened:

Mulder learns Scully is barren before she does (Memento Mori) and then tells her almost a year latter in(Emily.) At some undisclosed point, we learn in flashbacks (Per Manum) that he donated his sperm but that it didn't take. The problem with the flashbacks for me is that this is a critical point in their relationship and it were supposed to believe it all happened off camera. It's sloppy writing.

Anyway my guess is that in En Ami, the Smoking Man gave Scully back her fertility and that was his plan all along in that episode. If you remember there is scene where he puts on leather gloves after she passes out and wakes up the next morning in pajamas. She accueses him of druging her but after that nothing more is brought up about it. There is too much importance on the scene of the Smoking Man carressing Scully with his gloves on not to be dismissed.

A lot of people speculate that Mulder and Scully had sex in All Things, and I think it's probably true, in fact they might have been having sex all along, it's that they imply it here and now she's fertile thanks to CSM. And she gets pregent with Mulder's super alien sperm....

In The Sixth Extinction Mulder's brain is altered by the alien artifact because he already has black oil in his body (Tunguska) and it activates or does something to him, it alters him genetically, it's the same brain surgery that starts killing him (Within) and CSM (Closure, En Ami).

It's possible CSM simply wanted to make good and give Scully back what he took from her, her fertility or he knew the affect Mulder's seed would have on Scully's egg, as he seems to know a lot about the child. William is the first true human born with all the benefits of alien biology, which came from Mulder and would to have come from him in the seventh season.

Season seven if filled hints that Mulder and Scully are together and trying to concieve. For instance, "Chimera," which I just saw on Sci Fi the other day. Mulder pays close attention, forlorningly at the mother and child and it's very strange because it's almost out of context unless of course he's trying to have a child. The same thing happens again and is actually addressed in "Requiem."

And I just put too much thought into this. :bigsmile:

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Here's probably what happened:

Mulder learns Scully is barren before she does (Memento Mori) and then tells her almost a year latter in(Emily.) At some undisclosed point, we learn in flashbacks (Per Manum) that he donated his sperm but that it didn't take. The problem with the flashbacks for me is that this is a critical point in their relationship and it were supposed to believe it all happened off camera. It's sloppy writing.

Anyway my guess is that in En Ami, the Smoking Man gave Scully back her fertility and that was his plan all along in that episode. If you remember there is scene where he puts on leather gloves after she passes out and wakes up the next morning in pajamas. She accueses him of druging her but after that nothing more is brought up about it. There is too much importance on the scene of the Smoking Man carressing Scully with his gloves on not to be dismissed.

A lot of people speculate that Mulder and Scully had sex in All Things, and I think it's probably true, in fact they might have been having sex all along, it's that they imply it here and now she's fertile thanks to CSM. And she gets pregent with Mulder's super alien sperm....

In The Sixth Extinction Mulder's brain is altered by the alien artifact because he already has black oil in his body (Tunguska) and it activates or does something to him, it alters him genetically, it's the same brain surgery that starts killing him (Within) and CSM (Closure, En Ami).

It's possible CSM simply wanted to make good and give Scully back what he took from her, her fertility or he knew the affect Mulder's seed would have on Scully's egg, as he seems to know a lot about the child. William is the first true human born with all the benefits of alien biology, which came from Mulder and would to have come from him in the seventh season.

Season seven if filled hints that Mulder and Scully are together and trying to concieve. For instance, "Chimera," which I just saw on Sci Fi the other day. Mulder pays close attention, forlorningly at the mother and child and it's very strange because it's almost out of context unless of course he's trying to have a child. The same thing happens again and is actually addressed in "Requiem."

And I just put too much thought into this. :bigsmile:

WOW..., I am in TOTAL friggin' awe here!!! :notworthy:

If I EVER even remotely thought that I knew anything about anything I assure you that I will immediately disabuse myself of that absurd notion...

DAMN you're GOOD!!! :yes: