Wild pack of dogs kills gator in Florida...

Rate this topic

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___

At times nature can be cruel, but there is also a raw beauty, and even a certain justice manifested within that cruelty.

The alligator, one of the oldest and ultimate predators, normally considered the "apex predator" in it's natural ecosystem, can still fall victim to implemented 'team work' strategy, made possible

due to the tight knit social structure in canines.

See the attached photograph courtesy of Nature Magazine.

> >

(Note that the Alpha dog has a muzzle hold on the

gator preventing it from breathing, while the remainder

of the pack prevents the beast from rolling.)

Violence in Nature

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
:rofl: hilarious, you caught me completely off guard on that one. I was expecting to see some of your trademark gore.

:rofl: hilarious, you caught me completely off guard on that one. I was expecting to see some of your trademark gore.

Hey, hey, hey... :nahah:

Guest ein042
At times nature can be cruel, but there is also a raw beauty, and even a certain justice manifested within that cruelty.

The alligator, one of the oldest and ultimate predators, normally considered the "apex predator" in it's natural ecosystem, can still fall victim to implemented 'team work' strategy, made possible

due to the tight knit social structure in canines.

See the attached photograph courtesy of Nature Magazine.

> >

(Note that the Alpha dog has a muzzle hold on the

gator preventing it from breathing, while the remainder

of the pack prevents the beast from rolling.)

Violence in Nature

:rofl::notworthy:

Cool!

Oh, the humanity! :O

That's the 1st time anyone has accused me of belonging to Humanity...

Thanks...

Guest SouthernCelt

That's a good one.

My older son (who's mid-way through his veternarian schooling) gets a lot of animal related pix from various places, including shots of various carnaga wreaked by animals and often sends them to me with a suitable warning of content. He sent me this one too and, as you did, never let on that it wasn't 'real.' After getting a good laugh out of it, I sent it to lady at work that likes to e-mail cutesy pix of animals, most of which are 'photoshopped' and my warning like to have scared her to death, then she got really upset when she saw I had scammed her on it. She got over it pretty quick but you can't always be sure if everyone 'can take a joke.'

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
That's the 1st time anyone has accused me of belonging to Humanity...

Thanks...

Ya know, it's funny, usually I automatically form a picture of someone in my head, and then when I see an actual picture, I am always dead wrong on how they looked. We should all submit pictures in our profiles just for fun. The closest I can come to imagining what you look like is still something like this.... :w00t:

By the way, I have always thought of you as belonging to humanity in one enigmatic form or another.