A Chinese hello

Guest Django

Guest Django

Hey again to everyone & thanks for the welcome. What surprised me most about watching all three seasons again is how I just didn't care about the mythology brought about by season 2. During the show's run I did want to know more & what would eventually happen but now the episodes just feel like bad decisions. I don't think M&W ever figured out just what was the conspiracy for Millennium was and I find it hard to believe that they went into the season thinking it would be cancelled so they would just do what they want. TV shows always look for 5 seasons worth of episodes in order to sell into syndication. A pair of producers that have given up going into season 2 doesn't make any sense.

This time I found I liked season 3 a lot more than when it first aired. Emma's growth as an agent with Frank's help was very believable. I liked when she went back home & showed just how much more she knew about the world & good/evil than what she left behind. I also thought the contrast between her & Frank was a nice touch. She made a deal with the devil & its too bad we didn't get to see the price she would have to pay.

I haven't read any of the speculation season stuff but I am curious to what people think could have happened. In my mind its Emma's father in Watts' home & he has killed himself thus releasing his daughter from her Faustian deal with the group. He has made the same sacrifice as Catherine which will tie her more to Frank. I also think Watts is now on the run & he has nowhere to turn except for Frank. Together they form an unholy alliance & try to destroy the group.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Hey again to everyone & thanks for the welcome. What surprised me most about watching all three seasons again is how I just didn't care about the mythology brought about by season 2. During the show's run I did want to know more & what would eventually happen but now the episodes just feel like bad decisions. I don't think M&W ever figured out just what was the conspiracy for Millennium was and I find it hard to believe that they went into the season thinking it would be cancelled so they would just do what they want.

OHHHHHHH, the pain... :headhurts:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
OHHHHHHH, the pain... :headhurts:

I feel your pain buddy. Reading that post trashing season 2, the best season of any TV show in recorded history, felt something like this :cry::death:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I feel your pain buddy. Reading that post trashing season 2, the best season of any TV show in recorded history, felt something like this :cry::death:

By the way, I am just kidding DJango, opinions very, and for everyone who loves season two, there is someone who is not a fan. Like I have said many times, and will repeat only because you are a new member, I have seen just about every variation here. There are people who love season one, hate season two and like season three, but then there are people who love season two, like season one, and hate season three, and so on. The fun thing about this forum is that there is a maturity level that allows these type of discussion without the kind of childish mud slinging you see on many public boards or other subjects. I guess Millennium just attracts a mature, classy kind of people. Needless to say, season two was my favorite season, and Morgan and Wong are probably my favorite writers. But like I said, that's just one of many opinions.

Guest Django

Going back & watching the entire run of the show I was quite surprised at how little I cared about the Millennium mythology. Maybe it's because looking back I know there are no resolutions to be found for what M&W brought. At the time I did enjoy season 2 and I was looking forward to learning more about the Millennium group. In retrospect season 1 is my favorite but I think a flaw of that season is the group is so ill defined that it gave M&W the chance to define it however they wanted. Let me say now I don't hate season 2, I just find the road that M&W chose to go down as simple and not as dramatically compelling as what season 1 achieved. Season 2 has a number of fantastic episodes but for me it also has some that leave me thinking "who cares?"

M&W are a mixed bag for me. They have made some fantastic work on X-Files & Millennium yet they are still capable of producing utter trash like "The One." Millennium never hit with pop culture the way the X-Files did & a lot of season 2 feels like deliberate attempts to recreate that phenomenon. Whereas season one I thought broke new ground, season 2 feels like retreads with the terrific characters & scenarios we were given. Season 3 had the unenviable task of trying to bring balance to such a radical shift. I don't think season 3 was ever able to reconcile the previous season but I think it did leave us with the most haunting image that perfectly captures Millennium. Frank & Jordan running in the hallway of the school.

It's cool that we can talk about what we do/don't like about the show without getting into nasty flames & insults. One thing I'll have to brush up on are episode names. I'm terrible with them unless they spell out what happened. So a Jose Chung or Room Without a View I can identify but titles like Luminary or In Arcadia Ego I have to go scrambling & figure out which one you're all talking about.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Going back & watching the entire run of the show I was quite surprised at how little I cared about the Millennium mythology. Maybe it's because looking back I know there are no resolutions to be found for what M&W brought. At the time I did enjoy season 2 and I was looking forward to learning more about the Millennium group. In retrospect season 1 is my favorite but I think a flaw of that season is the group is so ill defined that it gave M&W the chance to define it however they wanted. Let me say now I don't hate season 2, I just find the road that M&W chose to go down as simple and not as dramatically compelling as what season 1 achieved. Season 2 has a number of fantastic episodes but for me it also has some that leave me thinking "who cares?"

M&W are a mixed bag for me. They have made some fantastic work on X-Files & Millennium yet they are still capable of producing utter trash like "The One." Millennium never hit with pop culture the way the X-Files did & a lot of season 2 feels like deliberate attempts to recreate that phenomenon. Whereas season one I thought broke new ground, season 2 feels like retreads with the terrific characters & scenarios we were given. Season 3 had the unenviable task of trying to bring balance to such a radical shift. I don't think season 3 was ever able to reconcile the previous season but I think it did leave us with the most haunting image that perfectly captures Millennium. Frank & Jordan running in the hallway of the school.

It's cool that we can talk about what we do/don't like about the show without getting into nasty flames & insults. One thing I'll have to brush up on are episode names. I'm terrible with them unless they spell out what happened. So a Jose Chung or Room Without a View I can identify but titles like Luminary or In Arcadia Ego I have to go scrambling & figure out which one you're all talking about.

I know what you mean about the episode names. After watching the series the first time around, and then watching them for their brief run on FX, I still had absolutely no idea what any of the Millennium episode names were. It wasn't until I started to come here that I began to take note of and remember them. At this point, I am still very shaky on the X-files episode names, although I have seen most of the episodes numerous times.... well, seasons 1 through 7 anyway. I have seen all of the episodes at least once, but as far as reruns go, I haven't seen much of the final two seasons' episodes more than once or twice.

As for the season two/Morgan & Wong debate, I always enjoy it, but I think we are on oppisite ends of the spectrum and will have to agree to disagree. Not to worry, however, you will find many here who share the exact same feelings about S2 and M & W as you do. I have been known to go on and on about these issues, but if I did so again, I'm sure it would result in a lot of :helpme: and :headhurts: , and possibly even :death: and :puke: from many of the members here. There has been some great discussion of this subject very recently. If I come across them I will direct you to them. I must warn you ahead of time though, you might find me to be long winded on the subject, as well as rigid and stubborn in my defense of and love for S2 and M & W. It's just an unwavering, unconditional love that I have no control over. :oneeyedwinK

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Is it still unconditional even after a movie like "The One"?

LOL, to be honest, I have heard of "The One", but I haven't seen it, and I was not aware it was a M & W project. From what little I remember, it seems like "The One" was some kind of martial arts/action flick, and that isn't my cup of tea. You have me curious though, to the point where I might watch it just to see how bad it is. On the other hand, I have enjoyed some projects that have been panned in the past, so who knows, I might like it. :oneeyedwinK

Guest Django

I'm a big Hong Kong film fan so I was excited to hear that Li was teaming up with the X-Files/Millennium duo. However the results are bad. It isn't even a SO bad it's good kind of thing, it's just bad. However I guess it settles the age old question if Jet Li were to fight himself who would be the winner.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
The fun thing about this forum is that there is a maturity level that allows these type of discussion without the kind of childish mud slinging you see on many public boards or other subjects. I guess Millennium just attracts a mature, classy kind of people.

Absolutely...

And, I would like to take this opportunity to demonstrate the high level of said classiness and maturity...

:roedecker::boody: :fuyou_2: :grin:

Thank you...