Duchovny Talking Sequel

Rate this topic

Home News Duchovny Explains 'X-Files' Delay

News StoryDuchovny Explains 'X-Files' Delay

By WENN| Friday, August 11, 2006

Photo GalleryHOLLYWOOD - David Duchovny insists the hugely anticipated X-Files movie sequel will take place, despite a string of delays.

The film has been in the pipeline for more than six years but shooting has yet to materialize after legal wrangles, studio hiccups and scheduling conflicts disrupted pre-production.

But star Duchovny, who plays special agent Fox Mulder alongside Gillian Anderson, is adamant the sci-fi project is still on track.

He says, "It's always on the horizon. I'm still very much in touch with (creator) Chris Carter, Gillian. Both Gillian and I are positive about it. It's not like we're running from it. There are some legal things that need to be resolved over at Fox."

Duchovny adds there is an "idea" for a sequel in place already, but no final script.

The movie will pick up four years after the 2002 TV finale that left Mulder and Dana Scully on the run from the FBI

Guest Frank L.
The movie will pick up four years after the 2002 TV finale that left Mulder and Dana Scully on the run from the FBI

If this is true, then this is new info. So, not a prequel.

Guest A Stranger
If this is true, then this is new info. So, not a prequel.

The prequal rumors pissed me off. It would be a cheap way to get out of the mess they made of the show.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
The prequal rumors pissed me off. It would be a cheap way to get out of the mess they made of the show.

ABSOLUTELY! I am SO dang tired of all these 'prequals'; the new Star Trek film (which, granted, is likely NOT at the top of most of your lists here :nope:) is also supposed to be a prequal...

Where are the great imaginations that brought us these shows in the FIRST PLACE!!!? Oh well, as long as the X-Files film is NOT one, that's what matters!

Guest Frank L.

Am I the only one that would love a prequel? Chris Carter himself said: "The word sequel scares me, but the word prequel doesn't". Ofcourse they can't go back to the first season, but I would have loved to see them in the timeline of the seventh season.

When the Twin Peaks series ended, everybody wanted to find out what would happen to all the characters. When the news came a movie was being made, fans

thought they would finally see what happened after the final episode. But David Lynch deliberately made a prequel. I absolutely LOVE this movie.

But XF2 is going to be a sequel. I love that too. I don't care, as long as I see the two agents on the big screen again. I will be first in line.

You called prequels 'weak', but I think it's kind of 'weak' to begin the movie four years after 'The Truth'. I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE FINALE. How did they manage to survive as fugitives?

Then again, I completely trust Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz. I'm sure they will come up with a great story in which they will explain some things.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Am I the only one that would love a prequel? Chris Carter himself said: "The word sequel scares me, but the word prequel doesn't". Ofcourse they can't go back to the first season, but I would have loved to see them in the timeline of the seventh season.

When the Twin Peaks series ended, everybody wanted to find out what would happen to all the characters. When the news came a movie was being made, fans

thought they would finally see what happened after the final episode. But David Lynch deliberately made a prequel. I absolutely LOVE this movie.

But XF2 is going to be a sequel. I love that too. I don't care, as long as I see the two agents on the big screen again. I will be first in line.

You called prequels 'weak', but I think it's kind of 'weak' to begin the movie four years after 'The Truth'. I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE FINALE. How did they manage to survive as fugitives?

Then again, I completely trust Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz. I'm sure they will come up with a great story in which they will explain some things.

Yeah, I guess you have a good argument here Frank :yes: You are completely RIGHT about 'Fire, Walk with Me'. But, then again, you ARE talking David Lynch!!! :bigsmile: However, you are right about the X-Files; I am quite sure that Carter & Co. will do just fine (I hope...)

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Yeah, I guess you have a good argument here Frank :yes: You are completely RIGHT about 'Fire, Walk with Me'. But, then again, you ARE talking David Lynch!!! :bigsmile: However, you are right about the X-Files; I am quite sure that Carter & Co. will do just fine (I hope...)

I hope they do a good job because, I have to say, there are a great many X-files TV episodes that I enjoyed more than the movie itself, and it didn't cost me $7 to watch them, and the hot dog and pop I consumed during the TV episodes didn't cost me $8 either.

Guest Frank L.
I hope they do a good job because, I have to say, there are a great many X-files TV episodes that I enjoyed more than the movie itself, and it didn't cost me $7 to watch them, and the hot dog and pop I consumed during the TV episodes didn't cost me $8 either.

Hahaha, that's true. But like somebody said on an X-Files message board: I'd even pay to watch Mulder read the phone book for 2 hours.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Hahaha, that's true. But like somebody said on an X-Files message board: I'd even pay to watch Mulder read the phone book for 2 hours.

LOL, yes, people are probably getting very hungry for something new from Carter, especially if it is an X-files movie. :yes:

LOL, yes, people are probably getting very hungry for something new from Carter, especially if it is an X-files movie. :yes:

And something new from Duchnovney for that matter.