Waking the Dead

Rate this topic

Guest wehavethefacts

Guest wehavethefacts

How many UK fans are here, and do any of you watch "Waking the Dead"?  

It's not totally the same, but I'm sure the show's producers have used the first series of MLM as a heavy influence - flash frames accompanied by large booms, disturbed, fast-cutting imagination/flashback sequences similar to Frank's "visions" (for want of a better word), although not in quite the same context, a patriarchal central character, lots of forensic detail, dark, murderous storylines and very few happy endings.  Sound familiar?  Anyone agree/disagree?

facts

Guest wehavethefacts
They show them as 2 parters on Sunday and Monday nights on BBC 1 at 9pm.  I think this is the third short series, but it's the kind of thing the Beeb are so proud of having produced that they re-show them fairly regularly.  It's quite good - my other half loves it and has only just started making me watch it, so I've missed loads.  Doesn't have so many strands of backstory in the way MM does, but it's pretty well written stuff.

Hi, in here waking up the dead goes on the air every monday at 9 pm. and i never miss a eps. I don´t think it has any kind of connection to Millennium i think it goes more on the line of another BBC series that was called silent witness. They are both about finding forensic evidence on a body discovered and a lot of investigation and specialy a lot of surviving to outside pressures on the cases. Never the less i like both series. I haven´t notice any special gift in any of the caracters. A question to all uk viewers of that show, in the uk do all police inspectors have those expensive cars shown on tv ( volvo s80, renault laguna, lexus 4wd ) ?

Hi, Waking The Dead fan from the USA.  I have only seen teh first seasons thanks to people taped if off BBC America for me.  I can't wait for season 3 to air in the USA and wish teh show would come out on DVD and that BBC America would actually air the pilot story in the USA.   Have a better one.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

(who visits https://www.waking-the-dead.cjb.net )

Guest wehavethefacts

Yes, it's a good show.  I didn't mean to say that it was a direct rip off of MM, just that I think stylistically you can clearly see which show they've been watching.  And yes, it looks like the top tv cops are pretty well paid, but always seem to pay for it by having hellish personal lives!

facts

• 2 weeks later...
I always thought "Touching Evil" was the UK's closest relitive to MM. The name is f*cking mint though.

Touching Evil is another great show.   The third series is out on DVD (but not the first two serie sof Touching Evil).     I can see your point of how Touching Evil may be closer to MM since David Kreegan is like Frank Black in some ways for one.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell