Waking the Dead

Rate this topic

Guest wehavethefacts

just thought i'd point out that it was an ITV production.  BBC make almost uniformly crap crime dramas (spooks and messiah perhaps being the exception). prime suspect, touching evil and cracker where all ITV productions, as was the very grim the vice

...well okay,it really doesn't matter to me who made it i just know it's one of the finest shows i've ever watched. i probably assumed it was a BBC production because i recordered all the UNCUT eps to DVD-r on the "BBC-AMERICA' channel. they also aired the uncut eps on the TRIO channel which is out of canada,which i do not get anymore because it's only on DIRECTV and i now have DISH. -(not having NEWSWORLD INTERNATIONAL AND TRIO ARE THE ONLY 2-THINGS I MISS ABOUT THAT FRIGGIN' COMPANY!)

~CHEERS,

se7en :ouro:  :santa2:

just thought i'd point out that it was an ITV production.  BBC make almost uniformly crap crime dramas (spooks and messiah perhaps being the exception). prime suspect, touching evil and cracker where all ITV productions, as was the very grim the vice

Waking The Dead is a BBC production and it isn't crap.  yep, SPOOKS (aka MI-5 to us people in the USA) is a brillant show and I can't wait to see the 10 new episodes being made for season 3.   I hear Waking The Dead will be around for two more seasons (series 4 has already been filmed or still is in production).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

P.S. ITV does amke some good stuff like the upcoming Prime Suspect 6 which has aired in the UK( but not in the USA until spring) and Foyle's war series 2 which won't air until summer in the USA (but finished airing on ITV recently).  Also I'm waiting for the second series of Wire In The Blood (airing in Jan 2004 on ITV and probably soon after on BBC America in the USA).  I do wish the BBC would make more Murder Rooms episodes (the adventures of Doyle and Bell, and I hear there are some extra scripts that haven't been shot) and Inspector Lynley (which was a co-production between the BBC and WGBH Boston).

Guest amnesic

Waking The Dead is a BBC production and it isn't crap.  yep, SPOOKS (aka MI-5 to us people in the USA) is a brillant show and I can't wait to see the 10 new episodes being made for season 3.   I hear Waking The Dead will be around for two more seasons (series 4 has already been filmed or still is in production).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

P.S. ITV does amke some good stuff like the upcoming Prime Suspect 6 which has aired in the UK( but not in the USA until spring) and Foyle's war series 2 which won't air until summer in the USA (but finished airing on ITV recently).  Also I'm waiting for the second series of Wire In The Blood (airing in Jan 2004 on ITV and probably soon after on BBC America in the USA).  I do wish the BBC would make more Murder Rooms episodes (the adventures of Doyle and Bell, and I hear there are some extra scripts that haven't been shot) and Inspector Lynley (which was a co-production between the BBC and WGBH Boston).

i think we'll have to beg to differ on waking the dead. i didn't realise that spooks was getting a new season. the bbc hasn't released any official statements that i am aware of saying that they'll make more. i'm not sure that it would work without the tom character and i haven't heard that he'll do anymore. have you heard differently? as the second season of spooks didn't do as well in the UK as the first series i assumed that the bbc had pulled the plug on it.

i forgot about wire in the blood, which i also liked very much, and i'm looking forwrd to the new season next year.

i didn't realise that spooks was getting a new season. the bbc hasn't released any official statements that i am aware of saying that they'll make more. i'm not sure that it would work without the tom character and i haven't heard that he'll do anymore. have you heard differently? as the second season of spooks didn't do as well in the UK as the first series i assumed that the bbc had pulled the plug on it.

they had an announcement about it at the off. SPOOKS page at the bbc.co.uk page that a third season is in production.

be Seeing You,

David Blackwell