Waking the Dead

Rate this topic

Guest wehavethefacts

voidprime-

would you recommend Touching Evil

touching Evil 'touched' upon some MM like themes, human evils etc, whilst keeping a very British drama mood about it. I recommend it by far.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest amnesic

I despise Waking the Dead, or "Waking the Coma Victim" as its called in my house.  The stories are silly, the characters are inconsistent and don't really distinguish themselves in my mind (acting pretty much like a unit -  except for the glasses chewing always shouting DCI Boyd), huge plot holes, and that's apart from the BBCs idea of a cold case squad being unrealistic (and they fall into the trap of the TV forensic psychologist as well).  Old cols case squad officers have comented that the only realistic character is the pathologist.  I think I'm probably nitpicking becasue I hate the program so much.  But I hate most of the BBCs crime doubles (their plots and characters are as subtle as being hit over the head with a battleship).

*dismounts soapbox*

On the other hand, I loved Touching Evil, though I only ever saw the last season of it.  I've heard that Bruce Willis is trying to have it made for US TV

• 1 month later...

......i still say BBC's "Cracker" is one of the best things i have EVER watched on ANY newtwork in any country. brilliant show. i've never seen waking the dead or touch of evil,but they sound interesting.

~se7en

:ouro:  :santa2:

......i still say BBC's "Cracker" is one of the best things i have EVER watched on ANY newtwork in any country. brilliant show. i've never seen waking the dead or touch of evil,but they sound interesting.

~se7en

I never could get into the UK version of Cracker, but I did like the US remake series.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Jsut thought I'd add that I read in an interview with Lance Henriksen that he's seen Cracker and was impressed with Robbie Coltrane's portrayal of the central character.  He mentioned that it's similar to Millennium in that both of their characters are world weary who can't forget the miracle of how decent it is to be a human being.  I've only seen 1 or 2 episodes myself, but liked it a lot.  Couldn't get into Silent Witness at all.

Guest amnesic

~se7en

thought cracker was an ITV Granada production.

Cracker was a UK show that got remade for a short-lived series on ABC in the US (and A&E showed episodes from both versions in the USA.  I wish the US version of Cracker would be released on DVD).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest amnesic
just thought i'd point out that it was an ITV production.  BBC make almost uniformly crap crime dramas (spooks and messiah perhaps being the exception). prime suspect, touching evil and cracker where all ITV productions, as was the very grim the vice