Lance on Talk Soup

Rate this topic

LOL! I so miss Talk Soup living in the UK!!! I used to watch it when Greg Kinear was the original host!!! Hilarious! I loved how he would play off the heavy set crewman named Tom. I think he was the camera man. Kinear would always be making comment to Tom or including him in skits that they would set up in the course of the show.

My favorite one was a skit they did where they were "partying" somewhere in like "Smithville" North Dakota! LOL! They were sitting there in northern garb (stereotypical Canadian/northern garb) on outdoor lounge chairs saying, "Woo hoo, woo hoo!..." against the back drop of these a desolate winter northern landscape! lol and then these girls walk past them in like northern snowbunny garb. LOL! OMG! I thought i was going to bust a gut!!!

One of my other favourite aspects of the show was Senior Sock!!! The Sock, the Legend!!! LOL! I also enjoyed the show when both John Henson, and Hal Sparks hosted the show. Particularly John Henson. He was so camp and cynical. Hilarious!

The funniest thing is when I attempt to describe and explain Talk Soup to people here in the UK! LOL! Particularly trying to explain the Senior Sock or the "Smithville" skip I just described! It is too bad there is not an UK version of Talk Soup taking the mickey out of the talk shows here! I am just envisioning Talk Soup British style, with that subtle, sarcastic piss taking that Brits so excell at!!! It would be hilarious!!!

I would love to see an episode of Talk Soup featuring Lance. Just the combination of Lance with Talk Soup would be enough to set me off laughing, even if he was just featured in a clip.

i dont know if you knew but Senor Sock was killed off in a skit back when Henson was host. Senior Sock had rabies and Henson shot him. Not too long ago there was a montage episode since Talk Soups beginnings, and it was hilarious. Kinear was great on the show but Hal Sparks and Joel McHale i find the funniest. Hensons humor was dry and flat

i dont know if you knew but Senor Sock was killed off in a skit back when Henson was host. Senior Sock had rabies and Henson shot him. Not too long ago there was a montage episode since Talk Soups beginnings, and it was hilarious. Kinear was great on the show but Hal Sparks and Joel McHale i find the funniest. Hensons humor was dry and flat

Nohh! Nohh! I do not believe you! Seniour Sock lives! Via La Sock! (spoken with a very fake latino accent)

Would have loved to see that montage. LOL! I could just hear accompanying music! LOL!

Yes, Henson could be dry at times, but I supposed his humour worked for me because of his snideness. I wonder if it will every be released in dvd, or at least a "best of" dvd.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ein042
Does anyone here watch Talk Soup that appears on the E entertainment channel? Well they showed a brief clip from Sasquatch Mountain in which Lance appeared in the scene. Well the host Joel McHale sisnt make fun of Lance but ripped on Sasquatch

My son downloads these things onto his iPod an I got to see the clip.

Yeah he praised Lance while dissing the movie. I haven't seen SM but ... wow! Hope it's better than it looks here.

Lance looks good though :)

Guest ein042
I did see Sasquatch Mountain.. and Lance did a great job [ considering what he had to work with script wise] and looked very yummy :kissypoo:

I rented Near Dark, an it was well worth it. But I don't think you can compare the two movies, hard to say. I'll see when SM becomes available.

I waded through a video game just to hear his voice so .... :wink:

I liked Near Dark but my all time fav Lance movie is still 'Survival Quest'.. unfortunetly it is still only available on VHS so I need to make a dvd copy so I can watch it over and over without worrying about ruining it. Some of it is a bit hokie but Lance obviously loved what he was doing . I would love to take a survival course from him.. :kickin::swingin:

• 8 months later...
Guest Doll
I liked Near Dark but my all time fav Lance movie is still 'Survival Quest'.. unfortunetly it is still only available on VHS so I need to make a dvd copy so I can watch it over and over without worrying about ruining it. Some of it is a bit hokie but Lance obviously loved what he was doing . I would love to take a survival course from him.. :kickin::swingin:

can u give me a quick summary w/out giving too much away? :alien2: