The Real Millennium - Turning of 2000

Rate this topic

Bardo Thodol

My wife and I and a couple of friends went to Northern Kentucky on top of the Silent Garden Hill which you can see the whole Cincinnati skyline and waited. My idea was if things started go out or bonkers I wanted to see it. Of course - NADA. Did freeze our butts about off though standing out there waiting.

• 7 months later...
Guest fledgling666

i am replying to a bunch of stuff i missed because i haven't visted in about a year, or something.

anyway, here goes-

i was very amped-up while Millennium was on. i was amped, i was thinking, i was preparing for anything. then i ran into disaster after disaster during the first half of 1999. i got so depressed and angry that i forgot about the passage of time, i was in a capsule, apart from the world. i missed it. i remembered that it was the correct day, but i got lost somewhere near the bottom of a bottle of Old No. 7 and i missed it. my once in a lifetime experience, that, incidently would have turned out to be nothing but another day, but that's beside the fact, i missed it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Xircuits

I was on Winter Holiday in Sydney, Australia. Nice weather they have down there during the winter time. ;-)

So I guess the Millennium Group and their pages reading '2000' were wrong. It should have been '2001'.

• 3 months later...
Guest black_panic

I never like to be out on midnight of the year. Too much crap, as the man said. I was on-line when the first reports came in from NZ and around that there was no evidence of Y2K bug failures - as I suspected, it was almost certainly grossly exaggerated. That night, I sat in my first floor bedroom in Weston-super-Mare, UK, and watched and listened to the stupendous quantity of fireworks being let off, which lasted for about two hours. It was like being in Baghdad during the 'shock and awe' thing. The amazing thing was, my cat sat and watched the whole two hours with me. So the Millennium itself was not so weird.. unlike the neighbourhood where I live, but that's another story.

Edited by black_panic