UK Sci-Fi channel has made me mad! grrr

Rate this topic

Guest Cookyman

Guest Cookyman

:arghhh-big:

Last night I expected to tape 2 episodes of Millennium season 3 - skulls and bones and through a glass darkly.  Instead of showing through a glass darkly they showed omerta this is the wrong order and to make matters worse it doesn't look like they are going to show this episode!  

That may be bad enough you might think but I have been patiently waiting for the reruns of the 1st six episodes of season 3 which I needed to complete my Millenium collection of episodes on vhs (I bought the 1st season!) and through a glass darkly would have been the final episode I needed to complete my collection! I am majorly pi$$ed off!

Guest LauraKrycek

Blergh, that sucks.  Don't you hate it when channels decide to throw things like that at you randomly for no purpose.  How I felt when they took MM off the air here.   :angry_steaming_big:

On a semi-related note, at Deborah's wedding on Friday, they had one of the other Theatre professors (who studied to be a Catholic priest -- long story) read the Bible verses that the title of that episode came from.  When he said it, I wanted to be like "Through a Glass, Darkly!  Aah!" and I know I probably had a slightly funny look on my face when I heard it, but I contained myself.  Oh well... thought that was cool.

...for those of us with satellite for our entertainment pleasure there is a "CHANCE" that ECHOSTAR-"DISH NETWORK" is looking to start carrying the "SCREAM" channel out of canada. that would mean an estimated 8-million people could have access to MM. better than nothing i suppose.    

se7en  :ouro:  :santa2:

Guest LauraKrycek
:thinking_big:    Imagines Laura breaking out laughing ina church.

:laugh_big:  :laugh_big:

Unfortunately, wouldn't be the first time.   :tongue:   I've attended Catholic churches a few times, and every time, the congregation will start saying one of the things that they all say at the same time, or one of the head honchos will start singing instead of speaking what they're saying, and I'll have to fight to keep from laughing.  With the first, because it makes them seem like a robot cult, and the second because while I think the service is beautiful, all of a sudden I'll start seeing it from the perspective of it being really silly, because dude, he's singing to a book!  Anyway...

Unfortunately, wouldn't be the first time.   :tongue:   I've attended Catholic churches a few times, and every time, the congregation will start saying one of the things that they all say at the same time, or one of the head honchos will start singing instead of speaking what they're saying, and I'll have to fight to keep from laughing.  With the first, because it makes them seem like a robot cult, and the second because while I think the service is beautiful, all of a sudden I'll start seeing it from the perspective of it being really silly, because dude, he's singing to a book!  Anyway...

:laugh_big:  :laugh_big:  :laugh_big:

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

• Elders (Admins)

Last night I expected to tape 2 episodes of Millennium season 3 - skulls and bones and through a glass darkly.  Instead of showing through a glass darkly they showed omerta this is the wrong order and to make matters worse it doesn't look like they are going to show this episode!  

That may be bad enough you might think but I have been patiently waiting for the reruns of the 1st six episodes of season 3 which I needed to complete my Millenium collection of episodes on vhs (I bought the 1st season!) and through a glass darkly would have been the final episode I needed to complete my collection! I am majorly pi$$ed off!

Cookyman, never knew you were in the UK!

I was unaware of the **** up but you are right indeed...

The correct running order should be:

The Innocents

Exegesis

Teotwawki

Closure

...Thirteen Years Later

Skull and Bones

Through a Glass, Darkly

Human Essence

Omerta

Borrowed Time

Collateral Damage

The Sound of Snow

Antipas

Matryoshka

Forcing the End

Saturn Dreaming of Mercury

Darwin's Eye

Bardo Thodol

Seven and One

Nostalgia

Via Dolorosa

Goodbye To All That

To look back at December, they screened:

Tues 2nd Dec - Exegesis & Teotwawki

Sun  7th Dec - Exegesis & Teotwawki (Sunday Repeats)

Tues 9th Dec - Closure & Thirteen Years Later

Sun 14th Dec - Closure & Thirteen Years Later (Sunday Repeats)

Tues 16th Dec - Skull and Bones & Omerta

then on to...

Sun 21st Dec - Skull and Bones & Omerta (Sunday Repeats)

Then they break to January 2004

Tues 6th Jan - Human Essence & Borrowed Time

Sun 11th Jan - Human Essence & Borrowed Time (Sunday Repeats)

Tues 13th Jan - Collateral Damage & The Sound Of Snow

Sun 18th Jan - Collateral Damage & The Sound Of Snow (Sunday Repeats)

Tues 20th Jan - Antipas & Matryoshka

Sun 25th Jan - Antipas & Matryoshka (Sunday Repeats)

Tues 27th Jan - Forcing The End & Saturn Dreaming of Mercury

They have clearly swapped "Through a Glass, Darkly" for "Omerta" (probably for its Seasonal Content) - quite Frankly (!) out of order in all senses of the phrase...

The good news is though that the Season will resume its normal order afterwards, however "Through a Glass, Darkly" is nowhere to be seen.

I'll be e-mailing my concern to UK Sci-Fi later.

Graham. :angry_steaming_big:

Guest Cookyman

I have just submitted an e-mail expressing concern for the re-ordering of the series and for not showing "Through A Glass, Darkly" to UK Sci-Fi.

If I receive a reply I will post here.

Graham.

Thanks mate - fortunately if they ever do show through a glass darkly it will fit on the end of a tape and not screw up the order of the season 3 episodes.  I wouldn't have this problem if Fox just released Millennium on DVD. :praying_big: