The meaning of your username

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Darwin's Eye

Well, I was Silent-Woods, so, you can freely delete that account.

As to my name, well, it's after one of my favorite episodes, and I wanted to stay in theme with the message forum.  Honestly, looking at the alias, I really like it and may start using everywhere. :)

And, the Avatar worked out well too!

Darwin's Eye

Guest Anamnesis
My username comes from not only season 2 episode 19 of the same name, but seeing as though the definition of "Anamnesis" is: the recollection of things past, I thought it was also rather appropriate.

The idea of me even adding an entry to this particular thread was so ridiculous I simply couldn't resist.  Suffice it to say, I took the unimaginative route in choosing this particular user name.  I like to keep identification short, simple, and in keeping with who I really am.

"Dixon.  Brian A. Dixon."

The avatar is taken from the teaser of the first season episode "Walkabout."  I think a photograph of Frank Black pounding desperately at reinforced glass with his bare fists is quite a striking, memorable, and symbolic image.

Have to say I agree wholeheartedly regarding your Avatar, Brian; it certainly is both striking and symbolic. I like it, and the episode from which it originates, a lot. Of course, you have the advantage that your Username is both personalised and lifted right from an episode!

For my own part, the Username Misguided Angel is not lifted from Millennium as such, but rather owes its conception to the Cowboy Junkies song of the same name. I won't bombard folks with a lyrical interlude (there's quite enough of that over in my LiveJournal, where you will find the song quoted) but it's a song originally written about domestic violence and an abusive relationship, equally applicable to unrequited/self-destructive love... which is my angle on it.

The Avatar is somewhat less inspiring... until I come up with something better.

my name is the pen name of one of my favorite comic writers/artists- Jean Giraud (he wrote Airtight Garage, Arzak and Blueberry. I believe he was one of the creators of the original Heavy Metal magazing). It also could mean the Moebius Strip which is a symbol for infinity.

Obviously, mine isn't related to the show.  I played soccer for 24 years and for those who don't play or know much about the game, it's basically 90 minutes in full sprint.  I played a midfielder, so I ran more than anyone else on the team.  When I ran, I always did so on my toes (as it gave me better push and less contact to the ground).  There's another animal that runs on their toes - an ostrich.  My buddies and teammates nicknamed me strich for short.

These days, I just wish I could run, period, without getting winded and wanting to throw up.   :)

Of course, you have the advantage that your Username is both personalised and lifted right from an episode!

You know, I hadn't even stopped to consider that!  Using my real world name acts not only as a means of personal identification but creates a reference to one of the show's most obscure supporting characters.  (I just plain forget that I'm also a fictional character.)  Imagine that.  I truly am blessed!  That being said, I suppose my user name could be considered a nod to the Trust.

Guest Prufrock

Mine is from the title character in T.S. Eliot's poem:

"The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

There is a slight MM connection I suppose:  The poem is about an older man who wishes he could change his world.  It is about the depression the character finds himself in ... for all the change the character wants, he is incapable of making a difference, either because he is afraid of what the new change will bring about, or because he is unable to escape the existence he created for himself years ago.

It ends in misery and with the idea that "you can't stop it".

~Tim :ouro:

------

Guest rockville

Hello to all of you, how nice to see another one of these handy discussionboards up and running. My chosen name is as simple as it is stupid; it all started some years ago when I was to re-sign up for the re-launch of another webboard and believed that I'd choose another name later, just using Rockville as the password. It kinda stuck and I like it.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Millenium or Chris Carter (although I know an X-files episode where Mulder investigate in Rockville, MA) - it is an REM reference.

Anyways, I haven't figured out if I can import my avatar from another site yet but I'll look into it, it seems like it is a non-html signature policy so I'll have to come up with something different then the sig I use on other boards.

np: "Black Rope Tied" Chris & Carla