The meaning of your username

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest rockville
Rockville,

Welcome to TIWWA...

You can use HTML in a signature (it is enabled by default, I have just checked) and if it helps the Avatars are 64x64 pixels...

Regards,

Graham.

Well thanks, nice to be here. I'll see about the signature, feels kinda weird if no one else is using a html-one. Anyway, great board you've got here - enjoying every minute of it.

np: "Electric Wine" Chris & Carla

Guest Wellington

Hi

My username is the name I have been called by for the three years at my school of engineering. We have a tradition to come into a "family", with one member per year. Mine is 151 (see signature below) and is only 10 years old. I am the fifth in line. Then either we were given a name or we chose one. I chose Wellington because I am fond of the Napoleonic era and of Britain. My school includes several teaching centers where we spend the first two years, and mine was located in Lille (northern France) thus "Li" (there is also Cl for Cluny, Ch for Châlons, etc...). As I was admitted there in 1996, the full "nickname" gains 196.

It may seem a bit strange, but if a past or present student of this school passes by and reads my posts here, he will know that we have a great deal in common (in addition to where and when I come from)! He would have a similar ID (nick+family+location+year of admission). But If I can remember of a lot of X-Files fans, there were not many MM fans...

Now, do not bother with all this, just call me Wellington, Welly or Xavier, it will do fine...  :laugh:

• 4 months later...

RAVEN WOLF is a selfless act of self-promotion! :bigsmile:

I tried a bunch of MM-related names, and they were all taken.

So, at first I was Black-Wolf, as a reference to being a "black sheep", with a twist...  Then I got my site going...

https://www.angelfire.com/moon/ravenwolf

(More self-promotion! :;): )

In Native American Spirituality, the Raven is the trickster/creater, and a powerful symbol.  The Wolf is a guardian spirit, and an equaly powerful symbol.  In nature, the Raven and the Wolf are seen to have a kind of partnership.  The Raven will lead the Wolf to possible food sources, when they see something close to death.  This helps the Wolf.  Also, the Raven follows the Wolf as he hunts, and picks up scrapps of what is left over from the kill.  Also, Raven and Wolf have been seen interacting and even playing in the wild.

This is a symbol of partnership and teamwork, and is very important to me.  Hence, the name RavenWolf. :ghostface:

Erin (RAVEN WOLF :ouro: )

• 1 month later...
Guest TheSunKing1972

My user name is nothing as DEEP as some of yours. Just a favorite song by one of my favorite bands:

Sun King

by: The Cult

This is where it all ends

The kinda dream that you've never seen

Hot damn, mercy ma'am

What the hell you doing to me?

Strutting round with your head held high

What you trying to prove girl?

Black haired missy

Big brown eyes

On my knees mama please

I'm a regal man

I'll do what I can

To take you off to the Promised Land

I'm a Sun King baby

Let me take you by the hand

Sun King honey

We can rule across the land

I'm a Sun King baby

With you I'll share my throne

Sun King honey

I can't make it on my own

Hey look out little missy's about

Ripping up the town, well...

Honey I can't tie you down

Woman you make me frown

Long legged lady with a black dress on

On my knees mama please

I'm a regal man

I'll do what I can

To take you to the Promised Land

Now check this out one time

Let me tell you people

Listen good

City crawling like a tired dog

Cult children in the house of the dawn

Time was wasted 'cause it's gone too fast

Time was wasted 'cause it's gone too fast

I see the sun begin to shine

I see the sun begin to shine

:thumbsup_big:  :frank_black:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ignes fatuisi

i got my username from a story of edgar allen poe.

something which looks like it's gonna give you what you want but in fact it doesn't, something which deceives but also very attractive is called ignes fatuisi (you know, like a girl you really like, and you think she likes you too by her moves etc. but when you tell her your feelings all she says she likes you only as a friend and you have no chance at all. very ignes fatuisi!  :angryred: )

i don't think it has anything to do with millennium but maybe we can say that millennium  is an ignes fatuisi, 'cos all we want is more!

IF

Guest Forza

Forza is my username in many forums across diverse subjects, but it originates from my interests in Formula 1 Grand Prix racing and the fealty I have long since sworn to Scuderia Ferrari.

I remember as an adoloscent the cries of "Forza Gilles!" that accompanied Enzo Ferrari's second favorite driver (the late Gilles Villeneuve), the only modern driver to emulate Enzo's archetype for racing greatness, the incomparable Tazio Nuvolari.

For me, "Forza" serves as a momento mori to make the most of life.  It roughly translates in this context as "Go for it!!" or "Kick some a$$!!!"

Although Scuderia Ferrari have been virtually unassailable over the past few seasons of Grands Prix, I shouted all the louder during the lean years that preceded them.

Forza Millenium!!!! :thumbsup_big:

Guest Shereen

Shereen is my name....nothing exciting there...

On another forum (Broken World, which originally started as a Millennium forum) I have been Evil June Cleaver, Vanilla Fantasy, The Walking Woodtick, Bambi the Love Slave and I am currently The Snow Monkey.  All of them just for shear sillyness.

I chose Lara Means as an avatar because she was my favorite female character...Anamnesis is my favorite episode.

Shereen

Guest byzantine

Well, I had been immersed in books of  art and architecture and I just love the "Byzantine" style.  In the dictionary "byzantine" also describes something "highly complicated, intricate, complex, and involved".  Oh yeah, that's definately me! :;):  

Cindy