New Movie info

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

Guest lilblackgirl

This was posted on DH this am about 1013 and possible XF movie info:

It only took the X-Files a few years to become legend, certainly one of the most famous shows of the last decade if not all of TV history, but the franchise's future remains as mysterious and elusive as the alien conspiracy the show kept taunting us with and then holding back. 'Mulder 21' chimes in today with word on why talk of a second movie has all but died in recent months:

I placed a phone call to 1013 Productions the other day and receieved a pre-recorded message that said "You have reached an unassigned number for 20th Century Fox in Los Angeles. Please re-check the number you are dialing."

It would appear that 1013 no longer has an office on the 20th Century Fox lot, which may also mean that Fox no longer has a desire to work with Chris Carter. Chris Carter was under contract to produce another TV Pilot for the network, however no word on the development of such a project has surfaced, or even been rumoured. One would think that if Fox was still interested in another series from Chris Carter, 1013 would still have an office at 20th Century Fox.

Also, it might be interesting to take note that, recently Sandy Grushow, a long time friend of Chris Carter and a major player in The X-Files being picked up by the network, has resigned from 20th Century Fox to pursue other interests. Rumour has it that not many people at Fox have been X-Files friendly since the show's ratings plummetted in seasons 8 and 9, and Sandy was one of the few who probably would have some influence into getting a movie in the works.

However, The X-Files may not be dead and buried yet. February 18th, 2004 the videogame "The X-Files: Resist or Serve" is being released. Often times, a videogame will be released prior to movie production in an attempt to gauge and attract a potential audience for a theatrical release. Some recent examples are Indiana Jones and Mission: Impossible. While there may be no current plans to develop an X-Files feature film, I'm sure Fox is not dismissing the idea outright. If the videogame does well, they may very well decide to give another X-Files movie a shot, or they may decide to turn to a videogame franchise as opposed to a movie franchise, since the videogame industry is now worth billions of dollars, and according to many analysts, is on the same level as Hollywood movie-making as far as revenue is concerned.

Also, if indeed, Chris Carter and Fox had a falling out, which resulted in 1013 leaving the Fox lot, and Fox allowing Chris Carter's contract run out without producing another pilot, Fox may consider doing another X-Files movie without Chris Carter as he apparently has not made good on many of his contractual obligations since the X-Files ended (he was set to direct a motion picture for Dimension Films, produce another pilot for Fox, and had a multi-million dollar book deal, none of which he has completed)".

Not a whole lot there, but interesting enough that 1013 is no longer on the FOX lot.

Lil

It seems like many people who have written on the x-Files aren't at FOX anymore.

I wonder what Chris Carter was doing all this time since XF ended. Did the industry get the better of him?

be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

• 2 months later...

Here's some of the latest info about the sequel. David Duchovny was asked about the sequel.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040329c.php

It's definiely happening", the actor said. "Chris has a great idea for the new movie and I expect we'll be able to begin shooting in the next year or so."

Asked whether he expects Mulder to develop in the film, the actor said "I hope not. I was really fighting against that in the final years of the show and I think the whole point. I think we're going to be introducing a new character in the film which will allow us to cast a major star, male or female, who will want to be part of an exciting supernatural thriller. I think the new movie will appeal to both our core fans and a broad audience. I'm very excited about it."

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest Justa Fan
Here's some of the latest info about the sequel. David Duchovny was asked about the sequel.

I'm so glad to hear this is actually gonna happen.

I need a Chris Carter Fix.....Bad.

Television just isn't the same without Chris Carter.

:alien:

Guest Regan MacNeil

Just to be clear, is David Duchovny saying that he doesn't want to be in the next X-Files film? I sympathize with him if he doesn't want to play the same character for the rest of his life, but what has he done since The X-Files? Evolution?? Connie & Carla??? On the other hand, he says "...I expect WE'LL be able to begin shooting in the next year or so." What does this all mean?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lilblackgirl

I think he's eager to reprise his role. The point about him doing anything significant lately is true. Unfortunate, but true. I kind of think he's damned himself to play this kind of role for the rest of his life. Or always be known as Mulder. Personally, i have no problem with this. I think they could continue with new seasons and i'd be happy as a happy thing. I did read something lately that he's directing something in the next year that's getting good initial response, but who knows.