Resist or Serve - new video game

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

It's coming out in the UK on Friday 21st May and by the looks of it won't be delayed again fingers crossed. Not as much as other newly released video games either being around £15-25.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ModernDayMoriarty

Well, I bought it a few days ago and I have to say I'm not very impressed. It isn't a bad game but neither is it a particularly good game. It has all the usual elements associated with survival horror (Zombies... again, arbitary puzzles, sticky controls) and really adds nothing to the genre whatsoever. What is particularly disapointing is that it looks worse than Resident Evil 2 and 3 which is just laziness as RE2-3 came out nearly 10 years ago on an outdated console! The sprites of Mulder and Scully look okay in game but look quite poor in the cut-scenes (these are also very bad considering the quality possible in Resident Evil/Silent Hill/Final Fantasy etc).

I am something of a fan of survival horror but I am getting very, very tired of constantly shooting damn zombies. Every single time! The X-Files game had so many possibilties that it was heartbreaking to discover I was to embark on yet another corpse-hunting expedition again. Basically, this game is as good as you should expect for £20; it's quite action packed, handles at least as well as most SH games, looks good enough but not great and has an acceptable storyline. It won't win any awards but manages to raise itself above the level of 'Let a friend buy it and play it at their house' territory (but only because it is so cheap). It is also extraordinarily easy.

So there we are. As average as your average Survival horror game averagely is.

Edited by ModernDayMoriarty

Guest lilblackgirl

couldn't agree with you more Mor. I feel the same. Maybe quality of gameplay and graphics was sacrificed for the voiceovers (even though that seems to be few and far between). Duchovney's first attempt at a video game (XIII) didn't go over all that well, albeit, not his fault, but the XF game could have been so much better. With truly good survival horror games out there going above and beyond the typical zombie shooting, you'd think with a broad spectrum like the XF, they'd think of something a little more exciting to do with the game. But zombie killing would ensure an entire game and appeal to those of us who probably purchased it for the name recognition alone. I'm guilty of that.