Pumpkinhead: Ashes to Ashes

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

• 2 years later...

Pumpkinhead: Ashes to Ashes just arrived from an online trading site. Should I wait to see if until after I have seen the original Pumpkinhead? Not sure if I will like any of them, but as always, I will give it a go since Lance is in it.

Eth, my UK son Mark, you probably know me better then anyone here, do you think I can watch any of these alone? Still haven't found anyone to watch the original The Haunting with, one of mine and your brother's favorites.

Hi Darlene,

Definitely watch the original though I promise it will make the sequels seem much poorer. They literally shot Pumpkinhead III and IIII back to back and it shows in my opinion. People who really enjoy the first film tend to be quite disparaging about those that followed and I share their opinion sadly. Poorly executed, a relatively meagre budget and uninspired writing led to two films the franchise would be better off without but Lance Henriksen is in them and that alone is worth the viewing. As always, doesn't matter how poor the film is Lance is a joy to watch. I don't find them scary Darlene but I am a horror hound and not a lot of horror scares me period. The first would make a lovely choice for Halloween night, spent in the company of Lance if you will, and I think you'll be ok. It's certainly no worse than some of the first season episodes of Millennium and less stomach wrenching than Skull and Bones.

Give it a shot :)

Eth

Thanks Mark for your imput. I requested the movie because Lance is in it, so I definitely need to watch it. It's just always more enjoyable when there's someone else to watch it with. Wish you were here, or I was there. wink.gif