blazing mystery in Sicillian village

Rate this topic

voidprime

You didn't hear this from me.

You can start a fire with a battery and steel wool.

You can have fires start spontaniously with enough copper, iron & quartz in the area. the presence of humans walking across the carpets are creating a spark. or- there is natural gas in the area. but the metal will catch on fire.

solution,

get rid of anything with metal in it.

the fires will stop.

kath

Guest Jordan

You have to admit, it's all very bizarre. You'd have thought that the scientists would have deducted an electrical charge by now. While I'm not saying it is necessarily caused by dark forces, in fact there probably is a Scully-proof explanation, who ever proved the Devil doesn't exist?

It's also amazing how in 2004 events can still be blamed on the devil :devil01:

I agree...totaly! And, I'm not saying I think it's the devil....I just think that, because people don't understand what causes these kind of things, they feel compelled to explain it, in whatever way suits them and feels the most comfortable to them....Be it the devil, or having a whole lotta soda cans around! :tongue: People have this compulsion to understand EVERYTHING....NOW! That need sometimes makes them blind to the truth, because they stop looking for answers.

Guest Jordan

I agree...totaly! And, I'm not saying I think it's the devil....I just think that, because people don't understand what causes these kind of things, they feel compelled to explain it, in whatever way suits them and feels the most comfortable to them....Be it the devil, or having a whole lotta soda cans around! :tongue: People have this compulsion to understand EVERYTHING....NOW! That need sometimes makes them blind to the truth, because they stop looking for answers.

Very well said! Or written, rather. I definitely agree with you there. It seems to me that we are looking through a keyhole into the universe's engine room; we are aware of a small number of the dimensions and constants that exist in the universe (universes?), yet are brazen enough to assign laws and theories to the observed constants and are stupified if something fails to fit the pigeon-holed laws.

Einstein said "I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious" I think that many people forget to be curious - they accept too easily whatever they are told.

there is a place in west virginia where you stop your car at a certain point, put it in nutrial and it will roll backwards, UPHILL by itself. there is another place where the laws of light are bent, that people are tall at one end and short at the other even though they are the same height, and they can roll a ball up hill and you walk in a room that is straight up and down, but your walking sideways and you can't help it.

There are mountains of the earth that move three feet up and down, each year- and someday they will explode and wipe out five states. Thats due to happen- oh, anytime now...

Kath