Wonder what brought this about?

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

BEER-----> I have a feeling if most of the students were carrying guns, this would not have happened with the magnitude it had. That said, I am very sad for everyone that was involved, every American.

BELCH

Guest gethsemane

Being an American alone gives us the right to bear arms. Our Constitution guarantees that right. We are not all hot headed idiots that abuse that right. Unfortunately we have sadly failed all around the world teaching our children how precious life is. Every child needs to feel loved and cared for or why should they care about anyone else. We expose ourselves and our children to violence on a daily basis to the point of being oblivious to it. Then we act surprised and shocked when our little darlings do something wrong. But when all is said and done we need to hold the actual shooter responsible. Just as we would hold a drunk driver responsible and not the car. Trying to make sense of the tragedy that happened at VT will never happen but we can get mad as hell and stand up to the devil and say "As bad as that was You will never have control of my life. I'm moving ahead as planned and your not big enough or ugly enough to stop me! Just my opinion but I'm mad as hell. It happened in my backyard.

Guest Moriarty
BEER-----> I have a feeling if most of the students were carrying guns, this would not have happened with the magnitude it had. That said, I am very sad for everyone that was involved, every American.

BELCH

Well yes, just give every citizen a gun and there will be less deaths, less murders, less people killed etc... Come on. Why not go back to the middle ages or the far west? Sorry but this is way above my head. I am also sorry for every victim and every family of the victims but reaching out a gun to anyone who feels like having one is not going to solve the problem. Not at all.

I know that this is a sensitive point for most of the american citizens but I am just giving my opinion. Please do not take this personally if you are living in the states. But I just do not believe in a society where the carrying of guns is legal. That will not solve the killing, on the contrary, it will increase it. The best example is the thing we are discussing here. Once again, I know this is delicate so please do not judge me because I have an opinion on a certain matter.

Actually the middle ages was a time when only a few were armed and many of them, of course, became tyrants. There is an old book about this.. I think it's called THROUGH A DISTANT MIRROR or somehting like that.

You can not uninvent guns. And some men do bad things. What would be better to fix - the guns or the bad men?

This was a very sad day indeed. Watching the bodies being carried out, choked me up. When it comes to the gun issue, arming everyone with a gun still wouldnt be the answer. I learned some years ago how to shoot a Police Issued Luger with both hands. To this date i dont own a gun nor do i have the desire to ever have to use one again. I have always believed its not the gun that kills its the person that uses it. As we all know by now that Cho Seung-Hui had a trouble mind, his thoughts of rage and killing where finally acted out Monday afternoon. I find it odd he was able to buy a 9mm glock at a gun store. I guess Roanoake doesnt have stringent gun laws. Here in Missouri there are gun laws in which there is a back ground check before you can buy a gun. Going back to arming ourselves, i am not even sure if i could pull the trigger to kill another person thats even a murderer. For me killing someone would be something i wouild have to live with for the rest of my life. Thats the difference between me and Seung-Hui, he felt he had "the" power with a gun. My power comes from within my mind and soul, i value all forms of life. If i had to die by someones gun, i know where i will be going.

Peace

Since this guy was ordered by the court to get medical attenton, and indeed was being treated as an outpatient he should have been in the state's system. Even thought the court and the medical feild had marked him as dangerous to himself and others they didn't see it prudent to red flag him for gun purchases?

You got it right Joe, why didn't Virginian share info.?