Lance in soap opera?

Rate this topic

Wow, obrigado Christiano for putting up the trailer and sharing the poster art!

I wonder how the show will do in Brasil? Have there been many sci-fi soap/space opera type shows coming out of your country lately? If Pathways to the Heart gets really popular, maybe they'll dub it in Spanish and might catch it up here in Mexico!

Guest Christiano

Globo has produced soap operas about contacts with spirits and UFOs. In a recent soap opera, there was a scene in which the ghost of a young woman moved and broke objects in a room where her mother was because she (the mother) was a bad person. But this will be the first soap opera featuring people with superpowers, similar to the X-Men or Heroes. And Record is spending a lot to produce this show.

Record is selling a few of its soap operas to foreign networks, so I hope you get the chance of watching it in Mexico.

By the way, Mexican soap operas have a faithful following here in Brazil, especially Rebelde. One of the first Mexican soap operas to be really successful here was Carrusel. I was a fan of this show when I was younger. Thalia's trilogy about the three Marias (Marimar, María la del Barrio and María Mercedes) were very successful here too.

Globo has produced soap operas about contacts with spirits and UFOs. In a recent soap opera, there was a scene in which the ghost of a young woman moved and broke objects in a room where her mother was because she (the mother) was a bad person. But this will be the first soap opera featuring people with superpowers, similar to the X-Men or Heroes. And Record is spending a lot to produce this show.

Record is selling a few of its soap operas to foreign networks, so I hope you get the chance of watching it in Mexico.

By the way, Mexican soap operas have a faithful following here in Brazil, especially Rebelde. One of the first Mexican soap operas to be really successful here was Carrusel. I was a fan of this show when I was younger. Thalia's trilogy about the three Marias (Marimar, María la del Barrio and María Mercedes) were very successful here too.

I have never really watched any Mexican soap operas, I might keep an eye out for the ones you mentioned (as so many soaps are now out on DVD)....I'm sure we'll hear from you how well Ways to the Heart turns out (certainly Globo is really investing a lot of time and money into the show), and well if its a very good shaow and successful, then I'd bet some tv/cable station in Mexico might buy the series.

I can't believe that a St. Louis cable provider has Globo available! (though it sounded a little on the pricey side to get that package w/ Globo)

I have never really watched any Mexican soap operas, I might keep an eye out for the ones you mentioned (as so many soaps are now out on DVD)....I'm sure we'll hear from you how well Ways to the Heart turns out (certainly Globo is really investing a lot of time and money into the show), and well if its a very good shaow and successful, then I'd bet some tv/cable station in Mexico might buy the series.

I can't believe that a St. Louis cable provider has Globo available! (though it sounded a little on the pricey side to get that package w/ Globo)

our cable provider is Direct TV, which is sattelite. The Braziliian package they have carries Tv Globo and Band for $29.99. My wife is dying to have this. Looks like we should pick it up next month

our cable provider is Direct TV, which is sattelite. The Braziliian package they have carries Tv Globo and Band for $29.99. My wife is dying to have this. Looks like we should pick it up next month

That's really neat, I didn't realize Direct TV would offer a Brazilian package (i've never had a satellite provider before either, so what do I know), hopefully it's the real deal, Globo as broadcast from Brasil, as opposed to sometimes where there is a foreign network feed that is modified and marketed only to other countries, so sometimes the programming is frustratingly different than the domestic feed.

Guest Christiano
our cable provider here in St.Louis provides Globo and another statiion for an extra $30. We will probably pick it up next month. Hey Christiano you know my fav. brazillian singer is Daniella Mercury, i just love her energy.

post-569-1186780455_thumb.png

shes so beautiful

I also like her. She's really beautiful and a very good singer.

I've just yesterday that the premiere of "Caminhos do Coração" on Record TV Network was postponned. The first episode will air on August 28.

I've also seen today two more pics showing Lance shooting his scenes in Miami with Alexandre Barillari:

caminhosdocoracaof006de9.th.jpg caminhosdocoracaof007nk2.th.jpg

Guest Christiano

Hi, I've just uploaded a trailer featuring Lance here. I've added English subtitles. It shows scenes of his past films and "Millenium", and then his scenes on "Caminhos do Coração". There's a version of the trailer, without the subtitles, here.

Guest Bob Bletcher

Although i'm a brazilian, the broadcast signal from Rede Record has been cut from my city, so I was unable to watch the premiere yesterday. A friend of mine who lives in Rio and watched the show told me it was a crappy but funny copy of Heroes (as I thought it would be). Anyway, crappy or not I was curious to watch it mainly for Mr. Henriksen, but I hope the episodes will show on YouTube sooner or later.

Anyway, here is the link for a seven minute plus trailer for the show. It is an interesting watch: