Greetings from down South; Maybe new X-Files movie means new Millennium film?

Guest Ebdim9th

Guest Jim McLean
Man, I sure hope so. Frank Spotnitz has said on his blog that the script for the new X-Files movie is ready and Gillian Anderson has stated on her blog and website her agreement to do the movie and David Duchovny's as well.

Does this bode well for Lance Henriksen's overtures to Chris Carter for a Millennium movie?

Deep down, I doubt it. I will be very surprised if this X-File movie does go ahead to a positive outcome, and even then, are the audiences exclusive enough to warrant a voyage back into Millennium? I'd like to think that Millennium is a concept made for movies that some bright spark will exploit regardless of the X-Files.

At the moment, the best I'm hoping for is a Frank cameo in the X-Files movie, or even a guest star role, but I know the chances are so slim they are a nonsensical wish.

Well, we can all but hope on both fronts!

Deep down, I doubt it. I will be very surprised if this X-File movie does go ahead to a positive outcome, and even then, are the audiences exclusive enough to warrant a voyage back into Millennium? I'd like to think that Millennium is a concept made for movies that some bright spark will exploit regardless of the X-Files.

At the moment, the best I'm hoping for is a Frank cameo in the X-Files movie, or even a guest star role, but I know the chances are so slim they are a nonsensical wish.

Well, we can all but hope on both fronts!

if i remember right alot of my posts from my humblings beginnings where about rumors/he said..she said/reports/ and Lance interviews about possible MM movie in the future. I believe some of you may know there was a time in my life that my wife and I lived in Los Angeles. I was able to land a job with a company that sold film stock-movie making equipment and editing machines. This company had big contracts with Universal and Warner Brothers. I made friends with some of these guys at Universal. One of my pals claims to know Kim Manners. Several times i have called him out on it and he has no proof to prove it to me. He tells me i was at a X-Mas party at his apartment and Kim Manners was there alopng with Frank Spotnitz. I remember his party but he tells me he introduced Manners to me. For some reason i dont quite believe him still to this date. Sorry i am off on a tangent. I tend to believe something is going on, not sure if its in the works. There has been discussions amongst Carter-Lance-Spotnitz about a possible Frank Black movie but nothing is really moving at this point.

I try not to post as much about the info i get sometimes from my buddies due to i get scrutinized here sometimes when i post such news and info

Lately i stick to when they tell me about movies coming out and deals in the works about other movies.

They did tell me about Lance coming to a convention in Atlanta but i had to do the rest of the research lol

Guest Jim McLean
if i remember right alot of my posts from my humblings beginnings where about rumors/he said..she said/reports/ and Lance interviews about possible MM movie in the future. I believe some of you may know there was a time in my life that my wife and I lived in Los Angeles. I was able to land a job with a company that sold film stock-movie making equipment and editing machines. This company had big contracts with Universal and Warner Brothers. I made friends with some of these guys at Universal. One of my pals claims to know Kim Manners. Several times i have called him out on it and he has no proof to prove it to me. He tells me i was at a X-Mas party at his apartment and Kim Manners was there alopng with Frank Spotnitz. I remember his party but he tells me he introduced Manners to me. For some reason i dont quite believe him still to this date. Sorry i am off on a tangent. I tend to believe something is going on, not sure if its in the works. There has been discussions amongst Carter-Lance-Spotnitz about a possible Frank Black movie but nothing is really moving at this point.

I try not to post as much about the info i get sometimes from my buddies due to i get scrutinized here sometimes when i post such news and info

Lately i stick to when they tell me about movies coming out and deals in the works about other movies.

They did tell me about Lance coming to a convention in Atlanta but i had to do the rest of the research lol

The positive in all this is that Lance and - as you say - creators, DO have an interest in the possibility of a Frank Black film. Problem is the logistics, and as with all in the film industry, logistics - particularly financial - make for BIG problems.

But in a bleak situation, some positives are better than none. :)