Bad Thing About Pre-ordering...

Rate this topic

Guest ender.wiggin

Guest ender.wiggin

By pre-ordering your copy of Millennium, you know that you will be at your favorite electronics/DVD/computer store chain on July 20th, and you will see it on the shelf, and you will pick it up just to look at the packaging, and you will sigh to yourself and wish you could take it home rather than wait for that package to arrive a week or so later...

Guest Dixon

That certainly would be a bummer. Fortunately, Amazon typically ships the items in advance of the release, to allow for the shipping time, and I very often receive pre-ordered items on the day of their release. Patience is a virtue, but for Millennium fans, our patience is wearing thin! It's been a long, long time coming. I imagine we'll all be in a frenzy come July.

Guest chrisnu

On some X-Files boards, I've read that people have received their S9 DVD sets already - before the release date. I'm in no hurry to receive it, however; I've waited thus far.

• Elders (Admins)

It's pretty amazing and I really feel for the people who have waited even longer than I for it.

They can take their time, I just want them to get it right!

BEER---> I'm on the patience side. But, if I did see it somewhere on the shelf - I'd pick it up and buy it. and, I was extremely interested in the Dutch release dates. for Season 2 and 3!!!!

BELCH

Guest Second Coming

That's one of my fears, waiting for it to arrive when it's out in stores. The other is the packaging being bent, torn, scratched, nicked. Or having a 'floater' disc loose and sliding around getting scratched. I'm picky when it comes to my sets. You can always send it back if your not happy, but what a hassle.

Edited by Second Coming

Guest Cookyman

I just hope they do release the 2nd and 3rd seasons this time (I bought the first season on video!). It does look promising though if the sales chart on amazon is to be believed! I have no qualms about pre ordering but the sooner they confirm the reg2 release of season 2 & 3 in the UK the happier I will be :praying:

• 5 weeks later...
By pre-ordering your copy of Millennium, you know that you will be at your favorite electronics/DVD/computer store chain on July 20th, and you will see it on the shelf, and you will pick it up just to look at the packaging, and you will sigh to yourself and wish you could take it home rather than wait for that package to arrive a week or so later...

You COULD pre-order a copy online for a bargain price, buy a second copy off the shelf at your local store, and when the first copy arrives in the mail--return THAT one to the store. As long as copy number one is shrink-wrapped and you have a store receipt, how would the store know it's not the exact one you bought there? I mean, you COULD do this. Maybe it's not something you SHOULD do...

Guest se7en

...i don't do a whole helluva lot of pre-ordering but when i do it is usually box-sets as the places i go to offer the best deals,and even incentives, when you pre-order.

~se7en :ouro: