MillenniuM Coming Back to America

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

Remember the "Others" well (which is amazing for someone of my age :yes: ). After a couple episodes, though, I could see that my unintended "curse" of TV shows would doom it. With most shows, the more I like them, the shorter their run since my preferences don't seem to be shared by a large number of the viewing public. "Lost" is one of the few that keeps on being renewed even though I like it.

Hope that Chiller shows any of their rerun series in the order they were originally shown and that they show all the episodes. A local Fox affiliate here showed X-Files for a couple of years in syndication and the eps were all mixed up. Things happened on the "alien invasion" storyline that were out of place so anyone who missed the original run would be at a total loss to follow the series in reruns.

PS: All this talk of the "Others" flung a Missy Crider craving on me so I went and found a new avatar pic. Wish they had better ones with her smiling; she's a very pretty woman.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Thanks. I thought he was due for a change.

Bill Cobbs was amazing. The perfect center for a group of wayward mediums. This is one of the hardest shows to track down. I'm hoping the exposure on Chiller will bring about calls for it's release on DVD. I know at least one of the episodes stands up to my memory of it.

It's been so long that I mostly remember bits, pieces and scenes. My most vivid memory is the mystery woman, Kristen Cloke. I think she might have been in a couple of the later episodes, and we never did get to find out what her function was in the overall story line. At least I don't think we did. After all, it was about 8 years ago now, and I was probably sipping vodka and tonics all night, so maybe I didn't remember much of anything from the episodes even the next morning. :down::oneeyedwinK Yikes, somebody needs to fix the oneeyewink icon. :yes:

Well, no chance of a rerun here in Italy. Besides the Italian viewers are more interested in boobs,tits and families trashing out themselves in public. Some sort of Jerry Springer only worse. Also it would be with Italian audio which sincerely stinks. It's the worst audio double I have ever eared, so much so that after 3 minutes I have shut off the tv. Luckily have seen it in Romania with the original audio, and now got the dvd's.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Remember the "Others" well (which is amazing for someone of my age :yes: ). After a couple episodes, though, I could see that my unintended "curse" of TV shows would doom it. With most shows, the more I like them, the shorter their run since my preferences don't seem to be shared by a large number of the viewing public. "Lost" is one of the few that keeps on being renewed even though I like it.

Hope that Chiller shows any of their rerun series in the order they were originally shown and that they show all the episodes. A local Fox affiliate here showed X-Files for a couple of years in syndication and the eps were all mixed up. Things happened on the "alien invasion" storyline that were out of place so anyone who missed the original run would be at a total loss to follow the series in reruns.

PS: All this talk of the "Others" flung a Missy Crider craving on me so I went and found a new avatar pic. Wish they had better ones with her smiling; she's a very pretty woman.

I found a rare mistake in the Millennial Abyss that tripped me up once before. They spell Missy's last name Cridder, when it is actually Crider. She is very beautiful, and has a rare knack for looking amazingly different from one role to the next, at least from what I have seen. I was astonished and mystified when the show was canceled. Hopefully it will be shown in order, and with a total of 1 season and 13 episodes, you wouldn't think that would be too hard to do. I agree, the alien invasion episodes on X-files were hard enough to follow, but showing them out of sequence would really mess someone up if they were a first time viewer. By the way, I found a nice little icon for you if you want to try it.

post-711-1200848545_thumb.jpg

Guest SouthernCelt
I found a rare mistake in the Millennial Abyss that tripped me up once before. They spell Missy's last name Cridder, when it is actually Crider. She is very beautiful, and has a rare knack for looking amazingly different from one role to the next, at least from what I have seen. I was astonished and mystified when the show was canceled. Hopefully it will be shown in order, and with a total of 1 season and 13 episodes, you wouldn't think that would be too hard to do. I agree, the alien invasion episodes on X-files were hard enough to follow, but showing them out of sequence would really mess someone up if they were a first time viewer. By the way, I found a nice little icon for you if you want to try it.

post-711-1200848545_thumb.jpg

Hey, thanks 'bliss, that's a good pic of her with a big broad smile.

Bummer!! I guess I'll just have to be patient. Maybe they will bring it to DVD or something. I have considered a satellite dish, but I have all these preconceived notions about them. I have heard so many horror stories about people losing their signal when it rains, and that kind of thing, but that is probably rare. With all the kids in the neighborhood, I also have this paranoia about looking out the window and seeing a bunch of kids using my dish as a jungle jim, or someone getting mad at me and taking it out on my dish, lol.

Bliss this is my first official year with Direct TV and when it rains it is fine but when there is a thunderstorm, it will go out for at leat 5-10 min. its a good investment because you are locked into a monthly price for 1-2yrs

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Hey, thanks 'bliss, that's a good pic of her with a big broad smile.

Your welcome, it looks great as your avatar. She really is stunning, and when you click to enlarge the pic, you can see that her eyes are a brilliant shade of blue.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Bliss this is my first official year with Direct TV and when it rains it is fine but when there is a thunderstorm, it will go out for at leat 5-10 min. its a good investment because you are locked into a monthly price for 1-2yrs

I'll have to look into how much it costs, but I'm not crazy about the sound of the thunder storm thing. I've heard of all kinds of problems, but I'm sure they have improved on the technology over the years. Do you still have to have a little dish in the yard? Like I was saying, I can picture the neighborhood punks throwing rocks at it or doing other stuff, and I would probably be getting up and looking out the window all the time, or be nervous when I am away for a while. Something to look into though.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
its on my roof plus i had bought insurance for it if anything ever happens to it. i am sold on Direct TV, i love it!

On the roof and insured, I like the sound of that. :yes: