I would like to say hi to all members of TIWWA!

Guest tjmasiakowski

Guest tjmasiakowski

Hello there! My name is Tymoteusz Masiakowski and I am a 20 years old Polish guy who for 6 months has been living in Scotland, Aberdeen trying to get a degree in Photography and Electronic Media. If you don't mind, I will quote here sentences from my profile as it is mainly the stuff I do and it well describes myself. Of course below it is heavily elaborated.

On the Interent I am mostly under the nickname of "LiAiL" or "masiakowski" (since recently). First thing to let you know: I have a huge interest in role-playing games development. Especially indie rpg. Currently I am a chief editor of Kult RPG section on Polish publicity portal Poltergeist (Kult RPG is the only role-playing game I am taking care of now, I abandoned all products of White Wolf long time ago, no D&D anymore... Just beloved Kult). To follow the path of Kult RPG I am a long-term member of The Last Cycle forums, which is dealing with development of this, let's say, uncommon game. I am also a co-creator of international indie role-playing games group called Slave State. We got two/three projects underway with serious aspirations.

Second thing is that I am a writer. I not only write stuff for role-playing games like scenarios, sourcebooks but also short stories (I don't feel very well with writing long novel-like things). I also write poetry but this is left unpublished and I don't think so anyone would become interested in my poetry in near future.

Third thing you should know is that I am a passionate urban explorer with tendency to be sticking around with old factory areas. Trying to get a degree in photography leads us to the fact that I consider myself an industrial photographer as well. I absolutely adore industrial and abandoned environment. It is not the point that I am not believing the issues of global warming and stuff like that. I am totally supportive to them in fact because I am convinced that we did something terribly wrong to out planet by now. The truth is that in all my art I am seeking the connections between something that is man-made (industrial) and natural (forests, everything made by nature including all sorts of processes). This is the main thing I am trying to discover, let's name it my... theme.

Fourth thing: I would like to become a film-maker and video artist. I have really tones of ideas running in my head all the time. By now I got nearly 90 projects on hold trying to finish the most urgent ones. Most of the films I am trying to make are in horror, thriller, mystery (Kult RPG, Call of Cthulhu influences as well) genre. I am still trying but I think that trying is the best way to acheive something. I am not really hoping to get the best in film-making, I just would like to convey my view of the world, convey feelings and motives.

On the side note I am a gallery director of film category on deviantART (so it looks good on my CV as well). Second part of side note is that recently I am collaborating to make weird fiction comic and I am about to form an industrial/ambient/rock band. As you see I am terribly fascinated by industrial essences and probably even after saying ten times that much as I just did, it wouldn't be enough to describe all projects I am into.

So... Anything you want to know? Just ask. You need help with creating something? I am very eager to help you and your fellows. Is it in Millennium theme? Even better! I love that show so I love the genre. I hope that's enough for the beginning :)

Edited by tjmasiakowski

Hey welcome to this little community of ours. Nice to meet you.

I am currently in charge of a new project: MillenniuM: Virtual Season Six. Me and a handful of others are putting down the ground work of the background and mytharc. We are currently looking for someone that can build a website for us. Need help especially for the html or the flash side. Can you help? Please contact me here on my email. If you would like to also check out and help us with Virtual Season Six, also let me know and i will send you the password to get the protected forum.

Guest tjmasiakowski

I would be delighted to help with Virtual Season Six!

What about the webpage: I have a bit of space available

to be set up. I know HTML but with Flash I am not so

good in skills.

Blimey Masiakowski,

As far as informative and frankly fascinating introductions go this must rank as the best. I am sure you will be a fabulous addition to the forum and look forward to hearing your thoughts.

I noticed you mention Industrial Essences and as I've never heard of them I wonder if you would proffer a brief explanation. I am currently delving into the world of Vibrational Essences for a element of my Ph.D and wondered if there were similarities between the two?

Best wishes all the same,

Eth

Guest tjmasiakowski
Go ahead and contact Enginecomics, i will let him know that you will help out

I sent him a PM now. Thanks!

Blimey Masiakowski,

As far as informative and frankly fascinating introductions go this must rank as the best. I am sure you will be a fabulous addition to the forum and look forward to hearing your thoughts.

I noticed you mention Industrial Essences and as I've never heard of them I wonder if you would proffer a brief explanation. I am currently delving into the world of Vibrational Essences for a element of my Ph.D and wondered if there were similarities between the two?

Best wishes all the same,

Eth

Thank you very much Eth! You can call me Tim :)

Well what about the industrial essences it was rather a metaphor

than something you thought it was I think. What I meant through

it was that I am generally fascinated in industrial aspect of our

world and everything which is connected to it including film genres,

music genres, feelings, views, landscapes, art, design...

Anyway, please introduce me to the concept of Vibrational Essences.

I would be really interested in getting more knowledge about that

because it stroke a chord in my mind :)

Edited by tjmasiakowski

Hi Tim, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Vibrational Essences are a concept employed in some branches of Alternative Therapy and whilst generally regarded as quackery they are slowly acquiring a supportive theoretical foundation by incorporating concepts from Alchemy, Quantum Physics and Chaos Theory . Akin to Homeopathy they propose that the vibrational qualities of minerals, gems, animals, flora, colors, environments, astrological bodies etc. can be therapeutically applied in the treatment of physiological and psychological pathology.

The most famous of these are the Bach Flower Remedies discovered by Dr Edward Bach in 1930 though development has been continual and thousands of similar essences now exist.

As I was schooled in the rather less colorful world of orthodox medicine they do not form part of my own materia medica though I find them absolutely fascinating.

'The Vibrational Essence of Cobweb' is my absolute favorite and whilst I know not what it is for the name alone is simply magical and far more exciting than the word 'Aspirin'.

Guest tjmasiakowski

I think I might get into it a bit more to gain

knowledge about this part of alternative

medicine. You say it incorporates concepts

of Alchemy, Quantum Physics and Chaos

Theory? It makes it really interesting.

Essences...

PS: Can you tell me how does the

quote function work here. I am not

sure I understand what I should do

to quote someone without typing

manually

command...
Edited by tjmasiakowski
Guest Thomas
Hi Tim, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Vibrational Essences are a concept employed in some branches of Alternative Therapy and whilst generally regarded as quackery they are slowly acquiring a supportive theoretical foundation by incorporating concepts from Alchemy, Quantum Physics and Chaos Theory . Akin to Homeopathy they propose that the vibrational qualities of minerals, gems, animals, flora, colors, environments, astrological bodies etc. can be therapeutically applied in the treatment of physiological and psychological pathology.

Would Vibrational Essences consider the electrical influence on the human body such as living very near a high Power Tower?

Would music and noise be a consideration?

Would Vibrational Essences consider the electrical influence on the human body such as living very near a high Power Tower?

Would music and noise be a consideration?

Hi Thomas,

Now I really am out of my depth here so if anyone else can give a more assured answer then please do, but...

Orthodox Medicine, known as Allopathic (curing with opposites) Medicine to Homeopaths, certainly acknowledges the health effects of electrical energy. Several forms of cancer have been cited as being influenced by EMF's, for instance leukemia and male breast cancer. Published studies have also suggested associations with depression, suicide and Alzheimer's disease. Minor ill effects, such as headaches and sleeplessness, are much more commonly reported at the anecdotal level.

In Vibrational Medicine the concept is more abstract. A homeopathic remedy is created by taking a substance and diluting it thousands of times until no trace of the original substance exists. It is claimed these treatments exert effects as water is capable of retaining a 'memory' of a substance that has been immersed in it and it is the vibration that remains from the original substance that is active in treating disease. Some practitioners DO create essences by projecting musical tones into the water and using the remaining vibrational memory of the tone as a treatment. I believe, and that is all it is, that electrical power supplies would not be given the same credence as 'disease causing' in Homeopathic medicine as in Orthodox as Homeopaths believe disease is created by internal imbalances rather than external influences.

I really hope this goes someway to offering an answer. Homeopathy is not my field so I hope I have not done it a great disservice in presenting my superficial understanding of it in response.

Very best wishes Thomas,

Eth