I saw the movie! (no spoilers)

Rate this topic

there might be snag for me to see it Friday. I told my wife once we get my son down to sleep I was gonna go see the movie. Well she is now upset due to me not including her. I thought she wasn't intrested due to years of her calling me a X-File Nerd. Hopefully i will be able to work something out

NO SPOILERS in my post. :) don't worry. :)))

blackoil....i am glad you liked it...how packed was the theatre? Full? half-full? gauging whether or not to get excited about seeing it Friday...

4th Horseman

Well, it was a premiere showing in our city so the theatre was packed by x-philes mostly and we were totally crazy! :) We brought a CD with X-Files music and theater workers let us play it so it was really fantastic and special! An audience was so excited to see the movie, we applauded during the opening and closing credits, we reacted to every joke -- so it was really really cool!

As for bad reviews, my advice -- don't read them. It seems like those critics didn't get the movie at all. The plot is not so simple as it may seem. In fact, the plot is really tricky, freaky, creepy and yes -- multilayered. It makes you think after the movie. It's been almost 24 hours since I saw the movie and I'm still thinking about the plot and subplot and all connections bettwen them. I would call this movie an old-fashioned thriller, something like a supernatural version of Silence Of The Lambs. And it reminded me Millennium a bit. ;)

Duchovny, Anderson and all actors were fantastic!

Directing is superb! There are so many tricky and beatiful camera angles, and the snow scenes are just fantastic.

OK now I'm starting to sound like a stupid fanboy but I really liked the movie! ;) I wasn't dissappointed and I hope you won't be, too. :)

Oh, and by the way!!! Don't miss Chris Carter cameo! ;) And there are so many Easter eggs hidden in the movie!!!

Guest Laurent.

Your critic sounds very much like Roger Ebert's review. It sounds exactly like what I expected this movie to be. A small-scale intelligent thriller.. although it does not seem as scary as what I was hoping for. I'll wait and see.

Guest betweenthelines

I heard there were quite a few in-jokes and "easter eggs" in this movie. Are they from any particular episodes?

A small-scale intelligent thriller..

Yes. You are right.:)

although it does not seem as scary as what I was hoping for. I'll wait and see.

I think it's creepy and kind of realy freaky. And I expect to see some really scary deleted scenes on DVD. ;)

I heard there were quite a few in-jokes and "easter eggs" in this movie. Are they from any particular episodes?

I can't answer this question without spoiling you. ;) You have to pay very close attention and you'll see many in-jokes. ;)

Edited by Blackoil

It's such a bugger that we Limey's have to wait till the 1st of August to see this but can I thank all those who have thus far seen this film and NOT posted anything beyond a brief review :) Blackoil's post is just superb with its saw-it-loved-it approach. So far this sub-forum has been exemplary on this score and thanks to all for bearing with us, it won't be too long before the whole world and its wife has seen it.

Cheers gang :clapping:

Eth

Guest Laurent.

I don't want to turn the knife in the wound (that's a french expression... hope it makes sense) but:

I'm leaving for Montreal in a few minutes to see the movie! I'll post my review tomorrow!!