My Review (Contails Spoilers)

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

If you've never read TIWWA blogs before, like me, here's the link: HPD's movie review

Well written HPD!

I had a hard time through out the movie not feeling the magic this series once had. To me it seems like it was missing something and i can't put my finger on it.

I feel like we've had pretty much the same experience. It's a good movie, but there's clearly something missing to make me scream "X-FILES' BACK BABY!" at the end.

I liked The X-Files and I loved MillenniuM. It's the best I've ever seen on TV. But "I Want to Believe" is absolutely disappointing, the plot is weak and the actors are uninspired, except Billy Connolly who gives his character some kind of emotionality that reminds me in some way of several Millennium-episodes. Please excuse my decent English...

Edited by Bono

Guest Laurent.

I agree that the plot is weak but as I stated in my review (on another thread with the same name) it has an ambivalence that serves the movie's message pretty well. It's weakness are mostly in the lack of entertainment value. But a movie does not necessarily need to be "pop-cornish" entertainment to be good.. although I would have liked to be more on the edge of my seat than I actually was, if you get what I mean.

I actually thought the actors were all great. Xzibit and Peet less than the others, but still alright.

• Elders (Moderators)

This topic was temporarily closed. I have tidied it up and re-opened it.

So, everyone, go and read HPD's review on his blog. Laran has kindly given the link.

• Elders (Moderators)

HPD,

I've sent you a PM. It is unfortunate that sometimes these things happen, but the difficulties here in no way have any connection with yourself or your topic. I just wanted to be able to open up this topic again so that your review doesn't get lost, and members can easily find it.

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks for the review Joe, I'll be reading this and the others once I've seen the movie for myself. I'm keeping an open mind but I'm not foaming at the mouth in anticipation like I once was.

Guest Laurent.
Thanks for the review Joe, I'll be reading this and the others once I've seen the movie for myself. I'm keeping an open mind but I'm not foaming at the mouth in anticipation like I once was.

After a second viewing; I think the movie is better than I expected. But you should go see it with low expectations, because most people end up being disappointed.