Article/interview at apple.com re editing IWTB

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Posted on the Haven:

https://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/action...les/?sr=hotnews

CC talks about the limited filming schedule and the editor, Richard Harris, who is a neighbour and who he persuaded to come out of retirement for the movie. He also says the editing was done in his own home, using 'Final Cut Pro' editing software, which I think is what he said he was using himself for Fencewalker. Other interesting details in the article, including some technical info for those interested in film-making.

Guest Laurent.

Wow thanks a lot Libby! :notworthy:

Sadly, a lot of people are criticizing the editing of the movie! I think a lot was cut out to fit into the PG-13 standard. I'll wait for the director's cut before making any judgment. It will be very fascinating to see the differences, especially after this comment:

Carter and Spotnitz cut the movie from a 2:39 running time to a lean 1:45.

I don't know much about movie's post-production... is it usual to cut a third of the movie???

Anyway, great article. Very interesting even if it's written as a big publicity. Haha.

Guest ZeusFaber

I read this earlier today via Frank Spotnitz's blog. Great little article. I tried to listen to the podcast, but this being Apple, it'll only let you do so if you have iTunes - which I refuse to install. Can any one help out with that at all?

• Elders (Admins)

I'm in the same boat I'm afraid, refusing to install Apple's propriety software. I can only just force myself to install Quicktime and only becasue Adobe Flash Video Encoder insists on it!

Interesting article though, thanks Libby!

• Elders (Moderators)

ZF: Can you point me to where I can download this, as I can't easily see it on the apple site. I've got iTunes, and if I can get hold of it I might be able to work out how to make it available.

Forgot that bit, thanks Libby, we Ipod wielders think the whole world owns one. I must say I am worrying as to why people have opted not to install Itunes on their PC. I am not the most computer literate individual in the whole world and worry they know something I don't. Anyone put me out of my misery?

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest ZeusFaber

Thank you both for that, much appreciated. I'm sure it is, but can anyone confirm that it is "spoiler safe"?

As for not installing iTunes, it's merely because I feel the software is too intuitive for its own good, managing my music and such according to Apple's whims rather than my own preferences. I'm sure this is more a case of me being stubborn, and that you can rest assured there aren't any actual dangers. I have an Archos PMP rather than an iPod for the same reasons, so that I can use easy MP3 files for music and AVI files for video, rather than be dictated to by Apple's restrictive formats.