A couple Millennium Music Videos by me

Rate this topic

Guest RodimusBen

Guest tjmasiakowski

Downloading as well. Gonna listen to it every time I'm going for a 45 minute drive to a swimming pool in the mornings :p

• 1 month later...

RodimusBen,

First, thank you for using a Rush song in your video "Double Agent". My oldest son died in July of 2008 at 39, and Rush was his all time favorite group.

Oh my, Lullaby, what can I say, it's absolutely AWWWWWWESOME !!!!!

Earthnut AKA Darlene

Guest RodimusBen

I am sorry to hear about your son. I hope he was able to enjoy Rush's latest amazing album, "Snakes & Arrows," before he moved on.

Thank you for your comment about Lullabye. Most people shower praise on the Double Agent video (which I appreciate, don't get me wrong), but Lullabye was the first one I did. As you can undoubtedly tell, I'm a huge Jordan fan!

Thank you Ben. I was a very hard thing to go through for the whole family. I don't know about whether Robert got to enjoy "Snakes & Arrows" or not, probably did, but before he died he got to see Rush perform in person, again.

I'm not a big hard rock or rap fan, probably because I used to do ballroom dancing, with West Coast Swing as my favorite. I also sing, but haven't for awhile. I grew up with musically gifted parents. Guess that's why I prefer Lullaby, and yes Jordan, speaking as a mother of 4. She's a little doll. I've been watching season 3 episodes before going to sleep and saw Borrowed Time last night. It shakes me up everytime I see it with her in a hospital bed. Been there with my own kids. Hard on the soul (emotional) realm.

Naturally, Frank Black takes first place, but I so connect with Lara Means. I think it's because I'm a very spiritual person. This is who we are.

Guest RodimusBen
I'm not a big hard rock or rap fan, probably because I used to do ballroom dancing, with West Coast Swing as my favorite. I also sing, but haven't for awhile. I grew up with musically gifted parents. Guess that's why I prefer Lullaby, and yes Jordan, speaking as a mother of 4. She's a little doll. I've been watching season 3 episodes before going to sleep and saw Borrowed Time last night. It shakes me up everytime I see it with her in a hospital bed. Been there with my own kids. Hard on the soul (emotional) realm.

I'm not a parent myself, but I love the evolution of Jordan's character over the three seasons. In season 1 she is more of a symbol than a character-- a symbol of the innocence and purity that Frank is trying to protect with what he does. In season 2 she is in the center of the tumult of her parents' separation, which I think amplifies her senses and her gift somewhat. Her intuition, for a child, is very keen. Specifically I recall when she gave Frank the angel figure when they were at his father's grave.

In season 3 she leaped into a whole new role. In another thread I recently commented that I wish that they had simply made Lance and Brittany the lead roles in season 3. Frankly, she was more important in Emma for much of the season. There was a stark contrast between the sheltered life she led in season 1 and the intense involvement she grew to have in Frank's "other" life, from Omerta to Borrowed Time and culminating in Saturn Dreaming of Mercury. I like the concept of Jordan, once a symbol of innocence, evolving into a warrior against darkness, following in her father's footsteps (perhaps inevitably).

Since you mention Borrowed Time, I should tell you that it is my very favorite episode of Millennium. :blush:

Edited by RodimusBen

As a parent, I can honestly say that the crossing over of a child is the greatest pain one can experience. Yet at the same time I sit here knowing that he hasn't gone anywhere, I just can't see him with my physical eyes.

Wow, I sure appreciated reading all that you said about Jordan. I so loved Omerta. Wonder how a serious with both of them would fair. It would be fantastic if Frank were back on TV, or a movie, and having Jordan in it would be the icing on the cake. You're a parent in your heart.

What is it about Borrowed Time that makes it your favorite? I really do look forward to your reply.

I love Anamnesis, it's probably my favorite, and I'm not exactly sure why. Unless it's the fact that Mary Magdalene finally was seen as someone special and not the bum rap of just being a whore. One of my favorite books is "The Scarlet Lilly," by Edward F. Murphy, 1944. I honestly believe it is an anointed writing about her life. The following is how he closed his forward.

"'The Scarlet Lilly' is not all intended for Scripturalists or other exactor, but for such readers as have no objection to a fictional presentation of a Biblical character and are ready to sense in Mary of Magdala a type of our modern world - fallen from grace, groping in darkness, and at last finding the light, white with death and ruby with sacrifice, at the pierced feet of the Lover supreme.

Guest RodimusBen

Maybe I would make a good father someday. When I watch Borrowed Time, my favorite parts when Frank ferociously protects his daughter like a lion, even against forces completely beyond his comprehension. Eventually his only remaining recourse is to simply plead to God for mercy-- the mercy of allowing him to keep the "only good thing that ever happened to him" in his life. I believe that Sammael was touched by Frank's love for Jordan to such an extent that he chose to sacrifice himself so that both of the young girls might live-- one of the most noble things any character has done on Millennium.

Little touches in Borrowed Time that I enjoyed:

--No one wears any color in their clothing except for the red ribbon in the train girl's hair.

--Connection back to Pilot episode with Jordan's illness

--The watch as a symbol for "borrowed time"

--Like Omerta, some subtler resolution to Catherine's death (Jordan sees her when close to death)

When we get to season 3 in the podcast someday, I'll have a lot more to say about it then :-)