Vote For Your Favorite Chris Carter Production

Rate this topic

Vote For Your Favourite CC Production  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...

Oh no I missed this, where was I , why did I not see this :embarassed: Oh well, only one thing for it it's time to have our own little poll and here's hoping all those who have voted will do so again. Great find by the way Darlene ;)

So, four fantastic productions, each with its own merits, all appeal to different people for different reasons but Millennium gets my vote every time. I used to adore The X-Files but these days I really can't bring myself to watch it, in my opinion it appears very dated, very much part of the 90's Zeitgeist and one of those things you recall with a sort of kitsch fondness such as leg-warmers, toy flowers that danced to the music and the smiley face T-shirts of Acid House. Despite Millennium appearing, on the face of it, to be so entrenched in the Y2K hysteria it still has amazing relevance even now, a few articles have appeared in the last week discussing Swine Flu and The Fourth Horseman/The Time Is Now. I also think Millennium shines in no small part because of Lance Henriksen who, to my mind, is a far more capable and assured lead than David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, on the other hand, is superb. So my vote goes to Millennium with The Lone Gunmen in second place, The X-Files in third and Harsh Realm a very definite fourth. What say you?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Possibly Darlene I can't quite remember. Polls like that aren't easy. All four shows are worthy although the only one I could never quite take to was Harsh Realm. It never struck the same chord with me that the other shows did. I think part of that was the inclusion of Sarah-Jane Redmond and Terry O'Quinn who were both superb in their roles but to my mind were Lucy Butler and Peter Watts behaving out of character. I just couldn't distance them from the characters I loved. Maybe if there had been a decent cooling off period between Harsh Realm and Millennium that might have been different.

Eth

Interesting that you would mention Harsh Realm, I watched a few episodes last night before bed. Yes, I too see them as Lucy and Peter, but at the same time, their acting is so superb that they sell every character. :clapping:

We do need another poll, just not sure what it would be about. :confused:

• 4 years later...