Converting the unwashed.

Rate this topic

Sigil

Guest Lucy Westenra

Not sure they can be converted, but - if so - I'd use a heavy Frank/Catherine/Jordan episode centred aroudn the home.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AD Skinner

The pilot is the best place to start, it is without doubt, one of the best pieces of television ever produced, but if someone finds it hard to take or handle, I would have to say then that they will be difficult to convert to the show, as I find that the series becomes more tense and horrific as it continues (think of Lamentation, Marantha or The Time is Now), the show just keeps building, becoming more complex as it continues with its mythology and story arcs. You would have to start them with the Pilot, or at the very least something from within the first third of the first season, beyond that would be a mistake as I find a working knowledge of the series is required.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure.

I'd probably start with whatever episode came on that night.

If it was my sister, I'd start with Episode 1 because she's always asking "what's that, what happened, who's he/she, wait what, what's going on?!"

@-@

She never just sits and pays attention. Sadly for her this is a show that requires a certain degree of thinking!

[she does this with Fringe, CSI, Lie To Me, House, and with Detective Movies]

But if I had episode 1 I might use that.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RodimusBen
" Jose Chung doomsday defense " and " Somehow Satan got behind me " rofl.gif

It's funny you joke about that, because JCDD was actually the first episode my mother saw, and she ended up becoming a huge MM fan. I just warned her when we started from the beginning that the rest of the series was much darker.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that the pilot is actually, more often than not, a BAD place to start people on Millennium. Honestly, I have major problems with the pilot. I don't feel it is properly representative of the rest of the series or even the first season. In my own experience, I have had friends turned off from watching MM because they thought that all of the episodes would be as dark and grotesque as the pilot, which is certainly not the case.

Instead, I would pick a good stand-alone season 1 episode that is not quite so dark, but still representative of the series. "The Thin White Line" springs to mind. Or, if the person you are trying to hook is more of a mythology junkie, then "Monster" might be good, which, IMHO, is the first truly excellent episode of season 2.