Unquantifiable claims about the return of Millennium

Rate this topic

The Old Man

• Elders (Admins)

This topic was created regarding a few unsubstantiated claims being posted by members here at TIWWA but its mutated into an archive of ill-resourced Chinese whispers!

I got some more e-mails on the subject this morning, even SyFy (used to Sci-Fi Channel in the US) have picked up on it...

At https://blogs.amctv.c...y-scan-1014.php

X-Files creator Chris Carter's other show, the apocalyptic Millennium, is coming to the big screen. Bizarrely, Chris Carter is not attached.

At https://thetruth71.li...com/135474.html

Now comes news, via ScreenRant, that Fox itself may be considering a new independent movie based on the Chris-Carter-created show, with Henriksen but without Carter (who also created The X-Files and co-wrote and directed last year's flop The X-Files: I Want to Believe).

At https://scifiwire.com...ium-movie-h.php

Will a Millennium movie happen without Chris Carter?

Now comes news, via ScreenRant, that Fox itself may be considering a new independent movie based on the Chris-Carter-created show, with Henriksen but without Carter (who also created The X-Files and co-wrote and directed last year's flop The X-Files: I Want to Believe).

Another one:

Millennium Movie Happening Without Chris Carter Topix

https://42blips.daily...ilm-on-the-way/

And yet another one! ...

Millennium Movie Happening Without Chris Carter?

https://www.topix.com...ut-chris-carter

• Elders (Admins)

I have just released my comments on M-TIWWA refuting these ridiculous claims, whilst I have no authority to comment in any official capacity other than the voice of the M-TIWWA website, I hope that anyone seeking further information or clarification after reading the worst examples of the claims will see this news article and learn otherwise. Its amazing how these things get out of hand and how quickly the rumour fire can spread! I just hope it doesn't detract in any way from the Millennium movie campaign, which is beyond reproach.

Guest thadarkside

I have just released my comments on M-TIWWA refuting these ridiculous claims, whilst I have no authority to comment in any official capacity other than the voice of the M-TIWWA website, I hope that anyone seeking further information or clarification after reading the worst examples of the claims will see this news article and learn otherwise. Its amazing how these things get out of hand and how quickly the rumour fire can spread! I just hope it doesn't detract in any way from the Millennium movie campaign, which is beyond reproach.

Let me jump in on this one. Yes, these rumors are spreading like crazy and none of it has come from BacktoFrankBlack. We need to make have a statement soon letting people know EXACTLY what came from us and not to take much stock in the other information. That being said and having worked on a fan campaign that dealt with this, these rumors are also a good thimg. This is generating buzz on the internet. We haven't had buzz like this as far as I know. The thing is for us to make sure we control what is coming from out end and letting people know what is fact and what is fiction. Other than that, we can use this to our advantage.

Hi guys,

Yes I've heard MJ's new single and that's as far as I go on that subject :oneeyedwinK

Sadly some publicity we could well do without and the following article is a prime example of that. SliceOfSciFi regurgitate the original article but go further by attributing some of the content to Lance's own words which is unfair, unlawful and has really raised my ire if I'm honest. I have written to them, very politely, and asked them to amend the article accordingly and offer an apology to Lance in the process.

I would never dream of putting words in the mouth of another and am quite flabbergasted others think this IS appropriate. Speculate all you like but this is beyond the pail.

Thankfully it is a first and interest in the story looks to be dying down so hopefully it is the last.

Eth

Guest Laurent.

Well done Eth. BTFB and TIWWA are like the watchdogs of MM news.

At least there's a buzz going on, hopefully it will lead to official (and intelligent) decisions.

• Elders (Admins)

Hi Mark,

That article you linked to takes the biscuit! I would be very upset if I was Mr Henriksen, it could land him in hot water with Fox.

Reading through it though, its clear that the author has completely misunderstood and misquoted the original and amateurish Screenrant article in terms of who was saying what.

Now it appears 20th Century Fox is ready to revive the series on the big-screen. And that it may do it without creator Chris Carter.

Henrickson tells ScreenRant that the studio is looking into a movie with his involvement.

“I have heard rumblings that Fox are interested in bringing Millennium back to screens—possibly without the involvement of Chris Carter—and this independent route would seem like a way of doing so. It’s also believed that the studio intends to make another X-Files film, and again it’s possible that Carter won’t be involved,” he said.

“Now, be aware that this is speculation, but also something that I have heard through the grapevine, so there might be some truth to it,” he added.

The blind leading the blind springs to mind. Perhaps they defence would be, "We're talking about Mr Henricksen, not Mr Henriksen ... so you can't sue use as we couldn't be bothered to spell his name correctly!".

Thankfully it is a first and interest in the story looks to be dying down so hopefully it is the last.

I'm not so sure, I just got another batch of links via e-mail on the subject.

Have a look at this one which opens with an inaccurate statement but at least the author shares his doubt about the facts ...

https://www.monstersandrockets.com/2009/10/millennium-to-return-without-chris.html

In a very (very, very) surprising bit of news, the late '90s Chris Carter series Millennium is apparently in the works to return as a feature film... But without Chris Carter involved.

No idea about how accurate this one is because its in French ...

https://www.ecranlarge.com/article-details-13365.php

Its a shame that one poorly written article has created much more online publicity for Millennium than the meticulous and creative efforts so far.