Millennium 4x0? The Ghost Of Christmas Future

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

What would you have wanted to see from a 4th Season Christmas Episode  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Something myself and Graham were talking about in the Black Christmas thread got me thinking about the proposed fourth season of Millennium and how robbed we were not only of having one more season of the show but of one more wonderful festive episode to enjoy over Christmas. It's hard to predict what the fourth season would have been like thematically, though I expect much like the latter third of season three, but we can certainly say what we would have liked to have seen for that season so here's your chance to create a fourth season Christmas episode they way you would have liked to have seen it. Simply vote for the various components and let's what type of episode consensus serves up and then embellish it by telling us what you would have liked from that episode. I have to say I would have loved a Darin Morgan festive episode, that could have been sheer class, but whether Millennium outside of Season Two could contain more of Darin's style I don't know. We can but dream I guess.

Merry Christmas

Eth!

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)

Brilliant topic Eth, that's why you get such a big pay check every month! :eyes:

For no other reason than I love Season 2's utterly perfect Midnight of the Century with so much passion, I would have loved to have seen another K&R Christmas themed episode.

For me Lara's return would have have been much more than closure, I would love to have seen her in S4, working with Emma, Peter and Frank to get the Group back on track from the inside.

• Like 1

I agree Graham

Kay and Erin had a voice all of their own and when it was left to speak it was awesome (Anamnesis, Midnight of The Century) but when their creativity was stifled or influenced a little the results, whilst still brilliant, do not live up to their potential. I would have loved to have seen what they could have done with Matryoshka and A Single Blade of Grass had Fox and Chip Johannessen not tinkered with the formulas respectively and the ideas behind Fallen Angel are tantalising (shame we never got it) as is the original vision of Midnight of The Century (although the resulting episode is remarkable writing). I would have loved them to have tackled a Christmas Episode along the lines of the original vision for Midnight, something akin to The Curse of Frank Black but set within the festive season, I think would have been an incredible offering. Nothing finer for Christmas than a really spooky ghost story. Add to that their unique take on mythology, a closure episode for Lara Means, and some of the inspired visuals we got in The Curse of Frank Black (to fit the season of course) and they would have gad another winner methinks. I can really see them producing something in the urban-gothic vein with some really dark undercurrents and marrying it with kitsch Christmas music and festive hauntings. Oh what could have been.

I think, looking above, I've pretty much written the episode myself lol

Eth

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Guest WaveCrest

That's odd. I saw this thread which I thought you or someone else had posted in Mark. Is it because someone has given the posts a rep point?

Thanks for bringing this post to my attention. It was hard picking between Lara and Jordan. It would have been nice to have the choice, "All of the above." I would also love to see Emma back, naturally as the FBI Director.

I would prefer Morgan and Wong to write a 4th, but my vote went to Chris. He started it and should finish it. :ouroborous:

That's odd. I saw this thread which I thought you or someone else had posted in Mark. Is it because someone has given the posts a rep point?

Hi Richard,

Polls appear in the new contents list every time someone votes for them immaterial of whether they have commented on the topic. It confused me a little a first when I joined as old post seemingly jumped to the top of the new results search.

@Darlene All of the above would be a good choice. It would provide us with another four festive editions of the show and, therefore, another four seasons. I'm all for that. :thumbsup:

Eth

• Elders (Admins)

Voting in a poll bumps the topic, so its a great way to resurrect old topics for new readers to refresh old minds like mine!

LOL! Looks like we both replied at the same time!

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I would like to have seen Lara return and her and Frank fall in love and get married at Christmas with Jordan being the flower girl. :)

Laura :)

Guest Coughcool

I would like to have seen Lara return and her and Frank fall in love and get married at Christmas with Jordan being the flower girl. :)

Laura :)

Boys kissing girls eww.

Maybe they could have a romantic handshake instead just so that the episode doesn't upset standards and practices. That said I seem to recall Lara and Frank and a little palm on palm action in "Midnight Of The Century" - shocking. :whistling:

Eth