The Seamstress

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

I think it was from a conversation in the Shoutbox a month or two ago, when I asked if someone had seen one of Lance's recent films called The Seamstress, and they said it wasn't very good. I may have seen it on Lance's IMDb filmography and forgotten about it, but I found out about it's Region 1 DVD release in the issue of Fangoria from last year which had a feature on the original Halloween II. There was a one page advert for The Seamstress' Region 1 DVD release.

Yeah that would be me my friend.

I will buy anything Lance does, I really mean that. If Lance released the Mr. Men books in audio format I would listen to them. Unfortunately with a career as considerable as his you will undoubtedly sit through the the odd turkey now and again but the genius of Lance is that by simply showing up on set he makes the crap into credible and that's the power of Lance. The Seamstress isn't an awful movie to be fair, it's very much of the kind you expect from a new writer on his first feature with a budget not worth mentioning, but it really shouldn't have had an actor of Lance's calibre in the film so I guess they were grateful for him.

Give it a whirl Richard, one man's meat is another man's poison and it's Lance after all.

Eth

PS Here's the trailer, I think it gives you a general flavour of what to expect.

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

What is a Mr. Men book? lol I have heard of this movie but not seen it yet. I will have to check it out. Has anyone seen The Invitation? It is pretty good. Watched it a few months ago and it has Lance in it and I think Sarah Jane Redmond if Im not mistaken.. makingeyes.gif

Laura

Belch, Laura - do check it out. It's well worth a watch. As I said it's not A Texas Chainsaw Massacre but I have seen far worse movies. Belch, you might be able to track it down as Sewn in the US. As far as I understand, Mark Garbett mentioned to me that it was released under that name originally and was changed to The Seamstress when it was released in Europe.

Eth

PS Mr. Men books are a range of children's books that every child of a certain age in the UK will have read. In fact I think it's a mandatory part of childhood. British comedian Victoria Wood once joked that anyone could write a Mr. Men book. In fact she claimed that she once brushed by her keyboard only to find she had written one herself.

Guest WaveCrest

It was a good trailer. Thanks for posting it Mark! The mention of the sewing of the mouth and eyes made me think straight away of Millennium's pilot.

• 5 months later...