The Seamstress

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

BEER----> At the start of the movie, I had a tough time with any continuity. For me it didn't 'kick in' until the 2nd hour. 'The Babe' asked me if I was still watching. I said gotta see and hear the voice. Please no sequels though.

BELCH

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sidewinder

I just would like to add my opinion on the movie as I own the DVD.

Belch is right. The movie had a lot of problems in its first hour (continuity, character-development etc.). Which doesn't mean it's a good movie in the last 20 minutes. There are some really big plot holes in it but Lance had three, four good scenes and the final 20some minutes where much better. In the end it was worth the time.

Little merchandising note: for the region 2 DVD (at least in Germany) they had a -at least in my humble opinion- much cooler DVD-cover-artwork than the one in the US. If someone likes to take a look at it: lance-henriksen.de/galerie/seamstress-cover

Edited by Sidewinder

Now that artwork is very nice indeed. I have seen at least three different versions of the artwork and that is by far the best.

I wonder if part of the problem with regards to continuity is the heavy cutting the film seems to have received in the editing stages. From what I can gather, the original movie came in at around 85 minutes but the most commonly found release is only 72 minutes long which is barely a feature. It's interesting that the director of the film, Jesse Miller, works primarily as an editor and I did read somewhere that he was quite merciless in pots production attempting to make the film tighter and slicker but sometimes at the expense of the narrative and continuity.

I notice the DVD cover you shared with us states the version is uncut and I wondered if you have the 85 minute release? I'll have to track that one down as I only have the cut version unfortunately.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

I notice the DVD cover you shared with us states the version is uncut and I wondered if you have the 85 minute release? I'll have to track that one down as I only have the cut version unfortunately.

Eth

They called it uncut because it's the same lenght as the us-version. So its only a 72 and something minutes-version. I had no idea that a 85 minutes version ever gets a release. Probably only a festival version or something like that?

But we got an release on blu-ray as well. Same technical specifications as the dvd but... who wants to complain about it? :wink: