Jennifer 8 (1992)

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

One of the films Lance made in the years before he started work on Millennium was a thriller called Jennifer 8. It also starred Andy Garcia and Uma Thurman. Has anyone seen it? I've bought it on Region 2 but haven't watched it yet.

I have and bought it solely because Lance was in it, plus it was cheap. It's alright, but could have been plotted better and the pacing as well. Lousy ending.

But Lance is good in this one. I remember there was all this hype about this movie and Blink, roughly the same time, and both about blind people, I haven't seen Blink.

Funny, the director is directing or has finished directing a film with Marshall Bell and Johnny Depp is in it as well. Funny how there's a big Millennium connection there, plus on the podcast Bell mentioned he was a close friend of Depp.

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Yeah i was going to say is this one about a blind girl? I haven't seen it but it is always in the $5.00 bin at Walmart and i always am going to get it but never do. I didn't know Lance was in it. I will have to go dig it out.. makingeyes.gif

Laura

Guest WaveCrest

Uma Thurman plays a blind woman who is a witness to a murder.

I remember Blink. That was a similar film, starring Madeline Stowe and Aidan Quinn. She played a blind violinist and he played a detective who investigated a murder.

Guest frankblack13

I thought that movie sucked in my own opinion mostly because

he got killed half way through it.

cry.gif

Edited by frankblack13
Inserted Spoiler Code

Now look what you've done, ruined the movie for Laura who hasn't seen it.

The movie sucks because of the script, they should have done a re-write, the director wrote it and sometimes that's not a good thing.

Edited by ethsnafu
Removed Quoted Spoiler

There you go, spoilers removed. Not a big thing by any means folks but if you are discussing something that other members have yet to see please hide any spoilers in your posts. If you're unsure how to do it, simply highlight the portion of your post that contains spoilers, select the 'Other styles' option in the top left of the menu and select 'Spoiler'. Simple as that.

Carry on folks.

Eth