Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull Volcano

Rate this topic

Earthnut

Thanks for that link, Darlene.

You don't realize how big this is until you see the small plane there.

And I also didn't realize there was still so much snow in Iceland, from that satellite picture. I've hardly seen snow here in the capital surround areas since February.

So beautiful and so ugly at the same time...the effects on the farmland near the volcano is devastating.

Great photos as well. One good thing, we hardly see headline regarding Icesave because of the eruption :D

Edited by ty7du

Sorry to take this in a slightly different direction but I had to show this to Josef as it's right up his street. Sandi Toksvig (Danish-born English comedienne) was on a radio show here in the UK recently when she explained to viewers how to pronounce the name of the volcano. Now someone took this snippet of dialogue and made it into an electronic dance track (I kid you not). Now if you're one of those who not only likes electronic music but feels there simply aren't enough tracks around about Eyjafjallajökull your prayers have been answered.

Make of it what you will :whistling:

Eth