Lance Henriksen joins Monsters Brawl

Rate this topic

That's brilliant, thank you so much for the confirmation. I had fathomed that that was the case to some degree so it's nice to know that I am right. It doesn't happen all that often. :embarassed:

Now I didn't spot this before but over at shocktilyoudrop I read the following:

The filmmakers behind Scarce are going to be ringleaders of a Monster Brawl.

Dave Foley, Robert Maillet, wrestling vets Jimmy Hart and Kevin Nash, MMA ref Herb Dean and Lance Henriksen are participating in this horror-comedy shooting up in Ontario for Foresight Features.

The film depicts an action-packed fighting tournament set in an abandoned graveyard transformed into a brawling venue. Brawl promises to feature a roster of classic monsters, battling to the death in an explosive Pay-Per-View television broadcast format.

Foresight Features is producing Monster Brawl as their flagship film with plans to produce two features annually for the next five years. Their next feature, Exit Humanity, is set to shoot starting October 18th, 2010.

So I guess we are looking at a Dracula vs Wolfman, The Mummy vs Frankenstein's Monster and so on. I read a comment elsewhere (which sadly I cannot find again) which mentioned that the film is unlikely to have much by way of a plot and will simply be a series of fight sequences linked together with narration.

Don't forget to head back here folks if any pictures from the shot emerge. I'm curious to see what monsters are involved.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Thanks for the update Sidewinder. :thumbsup:

Sometimes it's nice to watch a film which has little or no plot (like Team America: World Police).

Hi folks,

Another day and another article talking about "Monsters Brawl". There aren't a lot of additional details that we don't already know but there is the odd embellishment here and there. Mention is made of how great the set looks so I'm hoping for some images from the shoot sooner than later *crossed fingers*.

Eth

The other day I told you about a movie called Monster Brawl that is filming in Ontario Canada and today the filmmakers shot us a bunch of details as well as the correction that it will be filming in Collingwood not Owen Sound as we earlier reported.

The film depicts an action-packed fighting tournament set in an abandoned graveyard transformed into a brawling venue. Featuring a roster of classic monsters, battling to the death in an explosive Pay-Per-View television broadcast format.

With a cast of wrestling stars, Mixed Martial Arts cameos and Hollywood comedians, Monster Brawl is being produced in Collingwood, Ontario throughout the month of August. Monster Brawl has a classic cast of characters, including highbrow comedic hero Dave Foley from Kids in the Hall and Despicable Me, as well as wrestling icons Jimmy Hart and Kevin Nash alongside Robert Maillet from 300 and Sherlock Holmes.

Revered MMA referee Herb Dean also plays a cameo as himself while legendary horror icon Lance Henriksen, best known for his roles in The Terminator and Aliens, is the official voice of Monster Brawl. “I love Monster Brawl. It’s gonna be huge!” quipped iconic wrestling personality Jimmy Hart – The Mouth of the South.

Respected and revered MMA referee Herb Dean said, “Monster Brawl is awesome man. It’s my first feature film and the set is amazing!”

Soucce: www.horror-movies.ca

Guest WaveCrest

Was Jimmy Hart the manager of the bad guys in the WWF during the late 80's into the early 90's, who sported a goatee beard and moustache and was usually seen with a megaphone?

Guest Sidewinder

Yes, Jimmy "Moth of the South" Hart used to be the manager of various tag-teams, incl. Nasty Boys and later on Money Inc. (my favourite team when I was into wrestling entertainment in the late 80's/early 90's). They broke up when Money Inc. attacked Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake. Brutus then joined with Hulk Hogan and –managed by Jimmy Hart- challenged Money Inc. for their tag-team-title. That leads to a great match on Wrestlemania IX. Shortly after it "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase quit wrestling and I quit watching it.

Enough embarrassing storytelling. :whistling:

post-4356-007071600 1282931649_thumb.jpg

Topless Robot have come to the party, late but welcome all the same and if you have a look through the comments you can see a very positive reaction to this film's announcement and for Lance's involvement in it.

Now this bit got me excited. I didn't realise to Topless Robot mentioned it but the filmakers already have a feature under their belt and that feature is 2008's "Scarce." I saw that film some time ago and caught a second viewing recently and it is a good, solid shocker that is head and shoulder's above some of the films made for a similar budget. I'm anticipating this film even more now.

Eth

• 5 months later...