XF Lexicon review for Lone Gunmen CD

Rate this topic

XFLexiconMatt

Hello everyone,

I wanted to take the time and mentioned that the member known as Sad Eyes, wrote a wonderful review for the "Lone Gunman / Harsh Realm" CD release from la la land records.

CD Review

That's not all. Alexander also has written another great review for "The Truth and The Light" CD, which is impending by next week!

Enjoy!

:biggrin:

What a wonderful review. Allow me to take this opportunity to congratulate Alex on such a well written and interesting article. I also share Alex's uncertainty with regards to why it was felt that three versions of The Harsh Realm theme was needed on the release. The long version renders to the previous, shorter versions unimportant but if that's the only criticism I have of the release (and it is) then it's testament to how good it is.

Here's Alex with do something similar when the "X Box" is released.

Well done gents, a very enjoyable read.

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

Special Thanks to Mark, for without him I guess I wouldn´t have written that. And thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it, really, because I don´t have much experience in analysing music, since I don´t have any knowledge in music theory and stuff like that, but I try to describe the music the best way I can and I hope that it´s not too embarrassing... :whistling:

Fantastic review Alexander. :notworthy:

I ripped "The Lone Gunmen/Harsh Realm" CD to my computer and made a copy of it for my car, and honestly, I can't get enough of it. I am so enjoying it. I look forward to eventually getting "The Truth and the Light" CD. I know it will be good before hearing it, after all, we're talking about the genius, Mark Snow. :notworthy:

Alex you did a superb job. I read a review of a movie yesterday by someone who evidently considers themselves something of an academic in terms of film-making and to be honest I didn't understand a word of it. Nothing was said about the plot or the characters but it was a verbose piece about textual-this and narrative-that and I not entirely sure there was anything sense to be gleaned from it.

A review should speak to people on a level they can understand and identify with. It isn't an exercise on grammatical wizardry or academic muscle flexing and in terms of producing something enjoyable and honest you did a superb job.

More, more, more. :whistling:

Eth

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alex,

Once again thanks for sharing what is a wonderful review. I congratulate you and Matt on coming together and doing these as Mark's music really doesn't warrant this sort of deconstruction and discussion. I remember when this was released and some expressed disappoint that there was dialogue as well as music but I always felt that that enhanced the project. It was evidently a concept album rather than a simple soundtrack release and I think people approached it from the wrong angle expecting it to be something it wasn't. I actually have a playlist on Itunes that mixes the Millennium 2CD release with audio from the show and it takes an already superb release and just elevates it to the next level for me.

You should think about reviewing the Millennium release for M-TIWWA Alex. I am sure there would be a captive audience here for such a thing.

Great work.

Eth