LAX-Files

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

I came across something X Files related on Facebook this week which sounds really interesting and would be a nice companion to the X Files book about the Vancouver filming locations. It's a fan made book called LAX-Files and is about the LA filming locations.

The book is now available from createspace and will be available from Amazon shortly. I have looked at the synopsis for the book and it does look really, really good.

Since its inception in 1993, The X-Files has opened up our minds to government conspiracies, alien life, and unexplained phenomena. Nine seasons and two feature films later, The X-Files is still considered one of the most iconic television shows of the 20th century.

Join over 40 Los Angeles fans, cast, and crew members, including Chris Carter, Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny, R.W. Goodwin, and Laurie Holden, as they share their behind the scenes memories - some never before told - of working on The X-Files: Fight the Future and Seasons 6 - 9.

Interested in visiting actual filming locations used for the series?

LAX-Files details the most popular Southern California X-Files locations, including William's birth place, the mansion from How the Ghosts Stole Christmas, and the Federal Building from Fight the Future.

This is a fan made book dedicated to the memory of the late and great television director, Kim Manners.

Kim is known for his prolific and emotionally captivating work on Booker, 21 Jump St., Brisco County Jr, Simon and Simon, The X-Files, and Supernatural.

All of the books profits will go to the American Cancer Society, the charity of the Manner's Family choosing.

If you would like to purchase a copy of the book then visit the link below.

https://www.createspace.com/3434523

Thanks for sharing Libby. I have ordered it and used my super saver option to ensure I get it for Christmas. Well, it is a Christmas present to myself. It is such an intriguing concept and I like the fact that it features the LA years as much of what I have seems to end with the move there.

I saw on their Facebook page that there have been enquiries about seeing this on the European Amazon sites to shave in shipping cost and I believe it's being looked in to at the moment so if the cost of shipping is an issue you might want to hold on a little longer. The news came from their Facebook Group so it might be worth keeping your eyes peeled there for news.

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=95014803872&v=wall

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

I've already ordered it from Amazon.com (thanks for sharing the link Libby :thumbsup: ). My copy was shipped yesterday.

I'm looking forward to reading this book as there isn't a lot of reference books about the LA/California years. I was gutted when the official episode guide/reference books stopped after the seventh season.

Guest WaveCrest

I'm hoping there will be a bit in the LAX-Files book about the location seen at the end of "Drive", where Mulder is looking out to the ocean, and the desert locations for the Dreamland two-parter.

I was gutted when the review books stopped both official and unofficial. It got increasingly harder to find any of merit as the show went along. My favourite guide book at the time was "X-treme Possibilities: A Paranoid Rummage Through The X-files" which was superb and largely inspired the format used by a lot of fan-guides since that time. They announced they were ending with 'Fight The Future' as they love had gone for them at that point but I do wish they had continued. I would have loved to have seen their take on seasons eight and nine in particular.

Rob Sherman's book was very welcome for that reason.

Eth