What happened to Benny?

Rate this topic

Crackop

First of all, welcome to the forums Crackop.  Hope to see you here often.

Always wondered about Benny myself, and don't remember any episode that addressed the dog's whereabouts, or even mentioned his name.  He wasn't killed or died in any episode because we'd remember that.  We can only assume that they found another home for him when Frank and Catherine separated, or, maybe the grandparents took him in to keep him in the family.  Having said that, I still would like to know where he is.

Pilot ~

A thumbnail image from Millennium - Click to view full size.

Walkabout ~

Beware of the Dog ~

There's more images from different episodes, but I for one am pleased with these.

Remember Kenny the parakeet?

This is interesting if anyone hasn't read it yet.  An article written by the Polaroid Stalker ~

https://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/guide/millennium_episode_review.php?review=53&mlm_code=223

Here's just the section on Kenny ~

A REVIEW OF THE MILLENNIUM EPISODE: THE TIME IS NOW

REVIEWER: THE POLAROID STALKER

The opening sequence is just outstanding. It opens with Frank, Jordan, and Catherine attending the funeral for Jordan's parakeet, Kenny, who died during the earthquake from the Marburg Virus. At least, that's how I think it died, unless it broke its neck from whiplash during the quake. But I'm pretty sure it was the plague that killed Kenny.

Anyway, Jordan, Frank and Catherine bury the dead parakeet, prompting more questions from Jordan regarding God and the afterlife.......

• Elders (Moderators)

Welcome to the board, Crackop.

As Earthnut says, there's no episode where the disappearance of Benny is referenced. I think that's because the writers couldn't figure out how to do that.

From what I understand, that cute puppy grew so fast, and became so exuberant on the set, yet was too young to be trained. They could no longer put Benny and Brittany together in a scene because of the risk that the dog would push Brittany over and hurt her.

Benny became a bit uncontrollable so they simply excluded him from the show.  It was about the time Catherine and Jordan moved in with the friend of hers that had recently separated.  So you could gather that they re-homed Benny because they were moving in with someone else maybe. I think Benny's last episode was beware f the dog where he growled at Frank.  That was when Catherine announced she and Jordan were moving in  with her friend/ co-worker.