The Whisperer

Millennium Music List

8 posts in this topic

All, 

Does anyone have a list of the music used in Millennium? Not the Mark Snow compositions, but all the other songs used, such as:

America's "Horse With No Name"

Patti Smith's "Land of Thousand Horses"

Wagner's Prelude to Parsifal

Paul Mauriat's "Love is Blue"

To name just a few...  

I am putting together a collection and want to ensure I have as many as possible. If one has been produced, please let me know. 

Many thanks...

Follow the link that Earthnut has posted and hover your cursor on "Music Guide". The drop-down list has links to each season, which will give details of all the music in that season.

Thanks to you both. I have done that and it turns out that I have fewer of the tracks than I thought. Only 14. So a bit more collecting to do...

Although all that I did was just to give a bit more detail of how to find the music lists, it had the effect of reminding me of all the various styles of music in the show. The changing seasons were somewhat problematic, but that did allow a variety of music which most shows couldn’t do. (Of course, there was continuity provided by Mark Snow.)

Good luck on finding the rest of the tracks, Whisperer. Now I think a bit more about it, the complete collection will make a heck of a play list.

Thanks Libby, you're right to note the distinctions between the musical styles: from NIN and Patti Smith to the Carpenters and Terry Jacks. It's certainly going to be a diverse playlist!

Whisperer, please share the list with us when you feel that it's finished.  It really will be "a heck of a play list."