By The Numbers: 8

Rate this topic

Guest Snapper

Pick Your Favorite  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Snapper

I noticed I posted ...Thirteen Years Later on two consecutive polls, so I'm gonna skip Human Essence on the next one to correct the whole thing. Baby Jesus agrees.

• Elders (Admins)

The Hand of Sebastian all the way for me too. One of my favourite episodes and always great to see Peter and Frank working closely. Some great scenes and mythology but Cheryl Andrews as a traitor/spy? Never.

Guest Xcalibrate

Through a glass, Darkly far and away. The Hand - same ol same ol season two fare, good but like the rest of season two it's Millennium but not how we know it. A well worn lock, a reasonable effort but not much other than that.

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

'Through a Glass Darkly'. It isn't really one of my favourite episodes; it's kind of average 'by the numbers' (pardon me) as Millennium goes, but I like it far better than either of the other deplorable episodes on display. 'The Well-worn lock' still stands as one of my all time least favourite episode that only ever gets watched when I am watching them all (and then under suffrance). 'The Hand of Saint Sebastian' was, is and always will be a ridiculous episode full of 'humour' that simply isn't funny and a truly silly plot. It firmly placed S2 as being in a completely different world to S1 and pretty much turned me off Millennium at that point single handed. Only bloody mindedness made me perservere!

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

I have to go with Through a Glass Darkly. This was a real standout episode for me, and a definite up in an up and down third season. Not that it wasn't a great season but, as I said before, there were a couple of stinkers, and I thought some of the shows mediocre episodes were more prevalent in season three. the Hand of Saint Sebastian is a close second, and a very good episode, but I have to say that Well Worn Lock is not a favorite of mine, and is quite possibly my least favorite of season one. For the overall series, it probably ranks in the bottom 10%, but it really is not that bad, and is saved from being my least favorite overall by the likes of Human essence, 13 years, and Exegesis. It is often brought up here that an episode is not really Millennium material, and I think Worn Lock can be added to the list, but I agree, it's a worthy effort nonetheless.

Guest mailman

Through a Glass Darkly.

This is the kind of episode for which I love Millennium. The suspense, the twist, the mystery, the shock. It has them all. The Well-Worn Lock was kind of the same but a bit different. But I also like this one. The Hand of Saint Sebastian is good episode as well but it doesn't stand in such competition...

• 3 weeks later...
The Hand of Sebastian all the way for me too. Some great scenes and mythology but Cheryl Andrews as a traitor/spy? Never.

Yeah, I wondered about that, but after watching Owls/Roosters and then re-watching "The Hand" I thought maybe she was working for Odessa :devil01: albeit unwittingly.

I went for 'Thru the Glass, Darkly' even tho I have yet to see it .. I have read it and it is obviously a very powerful story and reminds us 'evidence should be objective but can be turned subjective' and that even with the best of intentions it can be slanted and mis-interpreted. To ASSUME is to make an Ass out of U and Me. :ouro:

• 5 months later...
The Hand of Sebastian all the way for me too. One of my favourite episodes and always great to see Peter and Frank working closely. Some great scenes and mythology but Cheryl Andrews as a traitor/spy? Never.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that was a great episode, the dialogue btwn frank and peter is very well written, that episode is almost impossible not to just sit through and not move from your chair.

Definitely The Hand of Saint Sebastian, but I have to agree with the Old Man about Cheryl Andrews. I wouldn't classify her becoming a traitor as some well-written turnabout, trick; it just seems gratuitous and cheesy. There were no hints whatsoever. I don't want things clearly spelled out, but I expect some ambiguity about such major character changes.

"Hi Frank, dinner is on the table, and Jordan is asleep, and before I forget,

I'm working for Satan!" :bigsmile: