Ask Joe

Rate this topic

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Kolchak
next question?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been watching the mini-marathons when SciFi (us) runs them. I only ever see the same 16 episodes. I'm pretty sure they made at least 20 episodes. Why aren't the other episodes ever shown?

I have been watching the mini-marathons when SciFi (us) runs them.  I only ever see the same 16 episodes.  I'm pretty sure they made at least 20 episodes.  Why aren't the other episodes ever shown?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

maybe they only bought those 16 eps and not all of them. :ouro:

Guest LucyButler2000
maybe they only bought those 16 eps and not all of them.  :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When the original package was offered up for syndication, only 16 were included because the remaining four were used / edited to make two Kolchak Movies called "Crackle of Doom" and "Demon and the Mummy". When this occured, it created a legal block for the rest to be included in future syndication packages. I have seen those four episodes aired however so someone must have figured out a legal way in which to do it.

The four episodes:

"Legacy of Terror"

"Firefall"

"Demon in Lace"

"The Energy Eater"

Hope this helps ;)

• 1 year later...

according to Frank Spotnitz: Low ratings. It was being buried by CSI. I think it was doomed from the atart. Poor selection of actors especially Kolchak. The series was getting better when the rug got pulled out underneath their feet

• 8 years later...