Season Three

Rate this topic

Guest blondton13

Go to DVD and Movies, enter Millennium season three, and you will get a list that should contain one if currently available. Check under seller "good_buy_2005" - this is the seller who carried it last time. Just a suggestion-not advertising E-bay; shop at own risk!  :bigsmile:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I WILL BE GLAD WHEN I GET SEASON 3 ITS BEEN AWHILE AND I WANT TO SEE IT AS SOON AS POSBILE

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Yes, that sucks! I think you bought it from the same person I did. I did mention that they come in plastic sleeves-that's why I said most people who are looking for attractiveness might want to wait. But I have a DVD player that I bought about 1 and 1/2 years ago, and my DVD's work fine. I'm truly sorry your experience wasn't a positive one. I think with some things onEbay, it's hit or miss, you know?? :angry:  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, looking back on the thread, I see that it WAS the same seller, and I seem to recall you mentioning the plastic sleeves, which aren't really a big deal. I think your assessment of the set is right on the money. If you simply want to view the episodes, which is really about 95% of the reason I bought the Chinese version, then this is a good way to go, especially for those who don't want to wait another 3 months. If you want something that is pretty for your collection, I agree, you might want to wait. In my case, if the DVDs play, I am willing to let the rest slide, but I have to admit that the packaging of this set is a little below expectations. If I would have gotten the package in a bubble mailer and in great condition, I might be willing to let some of the other issues slide as well. Overall, I would have to say I am pretty pleased, because the DVDs do work, and the quality of picture is excellent. In fact, I can't really tell any difference from the other two seasons. Also, as I mentioned, receiving S3 now, as opposed to June, gets the Chinese version a lot of points by itself. I was pleasantly surprised that I did not have to do any messing around when I started viewing. The dialogue is in English, and there are no subtitles unless you go into the menu options to find them. The format is wide screen, but on my screen, it amounts to about 1/8 of the screen being black on the edges, and my screen is big enough that it doesn't bother me. As for the seller, I think in my excited state, I might not have given her a fair and objective review. The seller responded to my concerns via e-mail within 24 hours, and offered a refund if the DVDs didn't work properly. If you have an older or cheaper DVD player and are not ready to buy a new one, it is possible that the discs might not play, but they have played on two of the three players I have tried them on. In my case, I am now able to watch S3, so all is good and I am very satisfied.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Demolition Man

No offense but I'll wait til June for the real Region 1 release. These copies going around eBay look rather bootlegish to me, in fact I wouldn't be shocked if someone got ahold of the Region 2 PAL release and used that to make these copies.

I'm in no hurry, as I got more than enough DVDs to keep me busy til then. Just got "The Lone Gunmen" boxset this week and enjoying that very much so far along with the 2 disc special edition for "Dogma" and going to be picking up Sting's "Bring On The Night" later this week. :D

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
No offense but I'll wait til June for the real Region 1 release. These copies going around eBay look rather bootlegish to me, in fact I wouldn't be shocked if someone got ahold of the Region 2 PAL release and used that to make these copies.

I'm in no hurry, as I got more than enough DVDs to keep me busy til then. Just got "The Lone Gunmen" boxset this week and enjoying that very much so far along with the 2 disc special edition for "Dogma" and going to be picking up Sting's "Bring On The Night" later this week. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you are not in a hurry, there are a lot of reasons to wait until June. For one thing, we are getting to the point where we are only a couple of months away from the U.S. release, and you might have to wait close to a month to get it from China anyway (depending on your luck and the seller). I myself was dieing for a fix, and so intrigued by the prospects of finally watching season three again after 7 years that I couldn't resist the temptation of buying the region free Chinese version. Now that I have viewed half of season three, I can say that i am quite pleased with the quality of the picture, and therefore pleased with my purchase, as the total cost, including shipping from China via registered mail was only $35. I will almost certainly try to sell my Chinese version cheap when the U.S. release comes out and buy that one for further viewing and to have in my collection. As mentioned in this string, there are some quality issues regarding the packaging, such as flimsy plastic sleeves instead of cases, but I haven't had any problems with the picture quality. I have been house and pet sitting at my brothers house the last week, and he has a huge wide screen TV that I have been watching Millennium on. Not only does the wide screen format of the DVDs fill the entire screen, but it was a really sharp quality picture, especially viewing beautiful outdoor scenes like those in the episode "Omerta". Anyway, just my two cents, but for those who have the willpower to wait until June, I think they will be far more happy with the overall package. Also, there is some degree of risk buying on Ebay to begin with, and there is no guarantee that you wont get a cheap bootleg knockoff.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Demolition Man

You nailed one of the main reasons why I won't buy a version coming from China rather if its legit or not - its hard to know if what you are getting is legit. So I can just wait it out until June. No rush for me here.

You nailed one of the main reasons why I won't buy a version coming from China rather if its legit or not - its hard to know if what you are getting is legit. So I can just wait it out until June. No rush for me here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amazon.com still has no listing for pre-order for MillenniuM season 3. since the supposed release date is in June this could indicate a lengthy delay. Lets hope not. :eyes: