Winamp

Rate this topic

Dear Powers that be,

I don't know if this is of any interest to anyone but I use Winamp as my all round, all bells and whistles media player. It probably isn't as complex as many though it does have all the usual suspects as well as the fact that you can customise it using skins. When I first downloaded Winamp I searched the whole web over for MillenniuM skins but, surprise, there are none so I set about the task of designing and making my own. I have made six so far and would like to make additions to the series on a regular basis, it takes a while as it is all computer generated artwork, so I thought it might be nice to the share it with other TIWWA members but as the file is 17.2mb I'm not entirely sure on the best way to distribute it. I have included screen captures of the thing in operation to preview my work and if you have any ideas or are interested please jot me a note. It might not be the type of thing that people want but you can but offer I guess.

Best wishes,

eth.

post-1185-1122394445_thumb.jpg post-1185-1122394486_thumb.jpg

post-1185-1122394496_thumb.jpg post-1185-1122394514_thumb.jpg

post-1185-1122394522_thumb.jpg post-1185-1122394535_thumb.jpg

Dear Powers that be,

I don't know if this is of any interest to anyone but I use Winamp as my all round, all bells and whistles media player. It probably isn't as complex as many though it does have all the usual suspects as well as the fact that you can customise it using skins. When I first downloaded Winamp I searched the whole web over for MillenniuM skins but, surprise, there are none so I set about the task of designing and making my own. I have made six so far and would like to make additions to the series on a regular basis, it takes a while as it is all computer generated artwork, so I thought it might be nice to the share it with other TIWWA members but as the file is 17.2mb I'm not entirely sure on the best way to distribute it. I have included screen captures of the thing in operation to preview my work and if you have any ideas or are interested please jot me a note. It might not be the type of thing that people want but you can but offer I guess.

Best wishes,

eth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey My Brother...these are sweet indeed..can you make me one of my signature? LOL....

Now there's a project my friend. Anything for the mighty 4th. I shall place it on my list of requests. Some of your thought provoking posts and musings would move it higher up the list :oneeyedwinK

Guest Echelon

What file type are you saving them as? Cause they shouldn't be that big. But they look awesome. Love them. Good job =]

Now there's a project my friend. Anything for the mighty 4th. I shall place it on my list of requests. Some of your thought provoking posts and musings would move it higher up the list :oneeyedwinK

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh my friend, bribery will NOT, repeat, NOT get you any more toad in the hole. How can you have any pudding if you dont eat your meat..

They shouldn't be that big that is true. What I hadn't considered was that the Skins could be hosted separately from the whole Winamp package - duh!. ZombieRomero, all hail, has offered to host the skins for me so that others can download them: more on that when all the 'doings are done' and as far as I am aware all that you need to do is download them, open your Winamp folder and put them in the folder marked 'skins'. I would like to do a lot more of them and will share them as I finish them.

And I do eat my meat mighty 4th, I do! Not very often though, mainly on a Sunday and I can't do it rare. Can I have the pudding anyway?

eth

• Elders (Admins)

Absolutely storming! I was going to offer to host them for you but no need now!

I'm aiming to do the same for Windows Media Player, perhaps you could make versions for WMP too?

Guest zombieromero

Yeah, skins for Windows Media Player would be cool.

I was going to offer to host them for you but no need now!

Sorry Old Man, didn't mean to step on your toes!

:ouro: