Introduction

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt
the 2 part end of season two, the time is now. Threat of a nationwide virus, lots of dialogue between the main characters, the ethos of the whole show in my opinion comes to light in these 2 very riveting episodes, i remember being on the edge of my seat the entire time both were on. i think for someone who doesnt know the history behind the show, it would still be a very exciting 2 part episode to watch just for pure drama and if you are a "conspiracy theorist"....hmmmm it doesnt get any better than that, great thread 4th, as usual, always intrigued to see an new post by you amigo...Gunslinger

Amen! If they like those eps as much as I did, they'll have to get into the rest of the series 'cause they'd be hooked big time.

For me, I would have to say pilot. Like other people have said it sets the tone for the show (especially season 1) and gave/gives viewers a great insight into Frank, his work and life!

Plus, it got all of us hooked from the start so I am sure it will do the same for others!

:ouro:

Guest Wepwawet
the 2 part end of season two, the time is now. Threat of a nationwide virus, lots of dialogue between the main characters, the ethos of the whole show in my opinion comes to light in these 2 very riveting episodes, i remember being on the edge of my seat the entire time both were on. i think for someone who doesnt know the history behind the show, it would still be a very exciting 2 part episode to watch just for pure drama and if you are a "conspiracy theorist"....hmmmm it doesnt get any better than that, great thread 4th, as usual, always intrigued to see an new post by you amigo...Gunslinger

Yes, this would have been my gut reaction as well - for tone, drama, horror, and characterization. However for someone new to the whole show, there might be quite a high 'What in the hell...?' factor. Definitely the greatest TV I have ever watched, but I feel, on reflection, these episodes might lose a little without the build-up and emotional attachment one gets for the characters over watching a series from the start. It's a tough call...

For this reason alone I'd probably go with the pilot/'Frenchman', or another of my favourite stand-alones, 'Beware of the Dog'. It's a damn scary episode, has a little humour, and divulges some of the deeper background as well. If the person I was introducing the show to was an 'X-Files' nut, I might offer them 'Force Majeure'. Or if they were a 'Seven'/'Silence of the Lambs' fan, then 'Thin White Line'. Plus, these episodes are all early enough in the series not to give away too much of what transpires.

Or if they didn't like dark, apocalyptic horror at all, then I'd give them 'Jose Chung' :p