Frank Black Education

Rate this topic

Guest margi kleinjan

Guest margi kleinjan
I heard somewhere that Frank Black was educated as a psychologist?Is it true or false???

Guest Dixon

Now that's a damn good question.  You know, in all these years I've never given one hard moment's thought to the subject of Frank Black's educational background.  Amazing.  

Now that you mention it, however, one would think that the legendary profiler would have to have some sort of a background in psychology.  I certainly don't believe that Frank began as a psychology student.  His career was first in law enforcement, working alongside Bob Bletcher in Seattle.  Later, though, he must have been taught, at Quantico or elsewhere, a good deal regarding the field.  He is, after all, as Fox Mulder put it, "the greatest criminal profiler that Quantico ever produced."  I would imagine that during the transition Frank Black made between the Seattle Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation there was some significant training in this area.

To my knowledge, the subject was never brough up on screen during the series.

I have a some questions about this or possibilities. If this was his gift/ his curse. And he was born with it. Then maybe throughout his life experences and being in the police department and FBI that his experances were just inhanced. Didn't they get stronger as he got older? An thats why he went into those fields? I could be totaly wrong about this. But this will be one subject that I will be keeping an eye on when I start watching it again soon. Remember this is just a thought.  :ouro:

Denise

I do remember one time hearing Frank talk about when he was younger & his gift wasn't as finly tuned, (in The Mikado).  He also talked about the men at the Millennium group approaching him, & helping him understand his gift.  I guess I, too, just assumed that it was something that was always with him, & was what drove him to go into the field he was in. I can understand why, as I explained in "Women Who Find Frank Irresistable!"  I could be wrong, too, & I'll pay closer attention.

Erin

(Raven Wolf) :ouro:

Speaking of education, did you all know that Lance could neither read, or write until he was 30 years old? Did you all know that he was once a Merchant Marine? Lance's real life has been a real journey!

Guest Dixon
Indeed, the story of Lance Henriksen's self education is true.  Lance Henriksen's life is full of fascinating stories and varied experiences ranging from his youth as a vagrant to his days as a wandering muralist in Europe and New York to his time in the Merchant Marines.  It was only at the age of thirty, when he began to become interested in acting and drama, that he made an effort to learn how to read and write.

..........and now,of course,he does 20-grade-z peices of sh*t per year,that SOMEHOW pass for movies. all seemingly in "ROMANIA"!  :suspect:        ...Ahhhhhhhhhh ROMANIA,the land of milk and honey............and the prodiction of some VERY VERY VERY HORRID movies starring "THE MOST WASTED USE OF GENIUS ACTING TALENT IN THE NEW MILLENNIUM": LANCE HENRIKSEN!!!! :D -(and soon to be the new homebase of M&W!)       .........NO NO,i'm not bitter... :gaba: pass the viral chicken please. sorry for the outburst. i feel a little bit better now.

~se7en :ouro: