Writers Required

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

No, it has nothing to do with the password. It is just certain people having trouble with accepting cookies because their browser's privacy is set too high.

My privacy on Internet Explorer had to be reduced from medium to low in order to be able to access the locked forum. It works fine now. Changing the password wouldn't make any difference to anyone who is having this problem.

Guest ZeusFaber

That's what I thought people's problems were too, but some are still reporting difficulty despite lowering their privacy setting.

The only other thing I can think of is to be aware of certain capital letters and no spaces(!), but that all seems rather obvious.

Who amongst us still can't get in to the forum?

Guest ZeusFaber

Ahh, I think I may have identified the problem (although I am no closer to understanding it).

Curiously, when I go to www.tiwwa.info I encounter the same problem with the password that others are reporting.

However, when I go to www.millenniumdesktop.co.uk/tiwwa everything is fine.

So for now, I recommend everyone use the www.millenniumdesktop.co.uk/tiwwa when logging on the forum. I will ask the Old Man about this, but until then can everyone let me know if this works?

Interesting.

I remember my own frustration when I first joined TIWWA, since AOL makes things so bloody difficult. And it STILL flips out when Graham does some huge board upgrade or something.

I've wondered if it's something to do with this being a UK site. Are any of the members having trouble living in the UK? Or are they all US members?

Guest ZeusFaber

I'm in the UK and not currently having problems (unless I log out and re-enter all my passwords). Not sure of the location of those who are encountering difficulty, whether they are UK, US or elsewhere.

How are things for you Raven Wolf? Are you able to access the forum okay?

Finally, I must express my thanks and appreciation to the Old Man for getting on the case so quickly and thoroughly. Don't know what we'd do without you.

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

The fact that TIWWA has a different domain name than where it actually resides is causing cookie issues for some members and cannot be fixed as a result. So I'm abandoning the password idea for this development forum and will make it viewable by forum permission mask instead, like the MA-1 team's forum. Can all VS5 members PM me with the exception of any Elder Team members and I'll create the mask and add it to each and future VS5 members.

Thanks!