THE CALL OF MILLENNIUM

Rate this topic

Guest Forza

Raven Wolf,

I can't say that I've had many "visions" lately, but Millenium immediately struck a chord with me in terms of the Group's efforts to control access to certain, privileged information.  Or, in other words:

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society.  Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country.   We are governed, our minds molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of ... Our invisible governors are, in many cases, unaware of the identity of their fellow members in the inner cabinet."

Although the above quote is reminiscent of contempory toilers and cranks on the internet rambling about global conspiracies, it was actually penned in 1928 by William Bernays, one of the fathers of the American public relations industry.  Although his outlook can be traced directly as far back as the Age of Enlightenment (e.g., David Hume), its salient point has been known to saavy rulers for millenia.  

Although both The X-Files and Millenium show both the Syndicate and the Group, respectively, regularly executing any citizen who threatens exposure, the truth is that the overwheling majority of their plans are kept perfectly safe through the bloodless manipulation of thoughts and minds.  Overt displays of force to maintain control are exceedingly rare because the level of indoctrination and the achievements of propaganda ensure that the democracy votes exactly as it should.  Given these constraints, the Groups' powers of predestination certainly seem less miraculous!

Incidentally, it should come as no surprise that Bernays' book Propaganda is no longer in print, although I think a photocopied version can be obtained at amazon.com through a private bookseller.

Guest TheSunKing1972
The "MillenniuM Group" could be compared to many groups in the past and present...from the Knights Templar to the Illuminati, Skull & Bones & Free Masons. All seem to want to control things in one way or another. All are supposed to know certain things and keep them from us.  but we are way off topic here....... :wink_big:

Guest Forza

I completely disagree that my above posting was in any way off topic.  The way in which MilleniuM has affected me and has made me think about and question the world in which I live is certainly as valid as Raven Wolf's reported experiences.

Obviously, Knights Templars, Freemasons, etc. are obvious historical correlates to the Millenium Group, but personally I find it more relevant and scarier to admit that successful thought control is currently executed and so-called democratic governments legitimized without the need to resort to shadowy cabals and men in black.  Indeed, we will experience "a thousand years of the same old crap" as long as the majority of people submit to having their minds regulated by someone else.

We are all puppets in the same play. We are all manipulated. Some more others less. Some adapt faster then others to the occurring situations. Our ability to handle the situations is crucial. When i look at Millennium i see a man that explores his hability regardless the consequences. I see a man that has in himself habilitys that at least once in life we all have experienced. Some more others less. How many people have habilitys that they don't understand and so they don't use them. How many people life frightened of their own extraordinay hability. And that is what fascinates me.

How many times did we sense something that we did not understood and, later we ask ourselfs " Did i foreseen this? ".

Man only uses a small part of his brain, what does the rest stand for?

Knowing and developing our hability. How and how far can we go?

Thats how millennium affected me, every single day of my life since the first time i wacht it.

:Ouro_Large: Nuno,

THANK YOU!  That's EXACTLY the way I've been feeling, and some of the questions I ask myself, every day!  That is the "Call of the MillenniuM" that I hear, and I just wonder what to do with it.  It's not often that something speaks so clearly to me... but MillenniuM CALLED OUT to me.  I feel there is something I must do as a response.  It's like hearing a beautiful work of music, or reading a Shakespearian sonnet.  You feel so profoundly moved by the experiance, and feel the nead to DO SOMETHING with that.  It's almost like hearing a deeply moving sermon in church... (everyone, please don't be offended.... this is just my own comparason)  You walk out somehow changed.  Like your life will never be te same, and you feel the need to "spread the word", or somehow bring this messege you have heard to the world.

I've rambled on long enough... Someone else take a turn! :yes_big:

:Ouro_Large: Raven Wolf :frank_black:

Guest TheSunKing1972
:thumbsup_big: No_way!  Whatever "call" you hear is what I'd love to hear about!  Let it go!  Express yourselves!

:Ouro_Large:RAVEN WOLF

:plain_big:  umm, all I meant by that was that what I was saying was getting away from the original topic....wasn't saying that anyone else was :frank_black:

Raven Wolf,

I can't say that I've had many "visions" lately, but Millenium immediately struck a chord with me in terms of the Group's efforts to control access to certain, privileged information.  Or, in other words:

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society.  Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country.   We are governed, our minds molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of ... Our invisible governors are, in many cases, unaware of the identity of their fellow members in the inner cabinet."

Although the above quote is reminiscent of contempory toilers and cranks on the internet rambling about global conspiracies, it was actually penned in 1928 by William Bernays, one of the fathers of the American public relations industry.  Although his outlook can be traced directly as far back as the Age of Enlightenment (e.g., David Hume), its salient point has been known to saavy rulers for millenia.  

Although both The X-Files and Millenium show both the Syndicate and the Group, respectively, regularly executing any citizen who threatens exposure, the truth is that the overwheling majority of their plans are kept perfectly safe through the bloodless manipulation of thoughts and minds.  Overt displays of force to maintain control are exceedingly rare because the level of indoctrination and the achievements of propaganda ensure that the democracy votes exactly as it should.  Given these constraints, the Groups' powers of predestination certainly seem less miraculous!

Incidentally, it should come as no surprise that Bernays' book Propaganda is no longer in print, although I think a photocopied version can be obtained at amazon.com through a private bookseller.

Sadly, I think much of the world operates in exactly this fashion.  And none of this is conspiracy theory.  And you point is extremely well stated and taken.

Incidently, the William Berney quote that you sited...  When I was first reading it, I thought it was a quote directly from Orwells 1984.  I thought it was going to turn out to be a quote from the ficticious book that the Party Member gives to Winston Smith.  I can't remember the name of it - something like "Principles of Systematic Opression in Building Idustrial Societies"

As far as off topic worries... relax, just let it flow.

:hands3: Scott

My sentamates exactly, Scott!!! :yes_big:  :thumbsup_big: Whatever "call" you hear is what's important!!!  That's the beauty of this to me...seeing how people's lives are changed!

~RavenWolf