Lance's Daughter

Rate this topic

Guest gethsemane

Guest gethsemane

Does anyone know which episode Lance let his daughter appear in? I read somewhere he allowed her to play a runaway, or she was running away, but he didn't mention the title.

He said she loved it but he didn't want her to act so she could have a normal childhood. Thanks in advance if you have any clues!

• Elders (Moderators)

There's this article:

www.web-magic.demon.co.uk/lance_faninterview.htm

where he says:

A. My older daughter wanted to be an actress when she was young but I refused to let her because I wanted her to have childhood. Children need to be allowed to have a proper childhood. But I got her into a [Millennium] show: she played a runaway child in one episode. And she loved it. I would take her to the set and the make up people were all over her because she is such a cute girl.

This daughter is Alcamy who was born in 1987, so she'd have been around 9 or 10 years old at the start of Millennium. I can't find any other article where Lance mentions his daughter playing a part in Millennium and, as you say, he doesn't mention which episode. The only episode I can think of that might possibly fit the description of "runaway child" is Force Majeure (season 1), where there seemed to be a number of younger children hiding in the basement of the house where the Iron Lung Man is.

The only episode I can think of that might possibly fit the description of "runaway child" is Force Majeure (season 1), where there seemed to be a number of younger children hiding in the basement of the house where the Iron Lung Man is.

Libby...spot on...there really werent too many episodes with younger kids...Dead Letters, Seven and One, Well-worn Lock, Through a Glass Darkly, and maybe a couple of others..But more than likely she was as you say, crouching down in the basement of the house in Force Majure.

your post brings to mind my thoughts on a couple of characters that i felt were under-used in MillenniuM, appearing in only one episode...

Ardis, Maureen Murphy, and Dennis Hoffman i felt could have been used in later episodes to compliment Frank and Peter. In particular Ardis. I loved her character in "Kingdom Come", but i also read somewhere that she had already felt she was going to be a regular on the show, and she was trying to figure out just how they were going to cast her, which caused some friction between her and the crew...

Of course, Dennis, choosing to go off to some secret place and await the apocalypse with a horde of young, blonde, nubile girls (over 18 of course) would most likely have served as a distraction rather than an inspiration...LOL...Millennium What??? Frank who???

4th Horseman

• Elders (Moderators)

I got the feeling that Maureen Murphy and Dennis Hoffman were only to be one-off characters - Maureen as a means to introduce the problems Detective Thomas has with sex crimes, and Dennis would only have carried on being a thorn in the Group's side, which was a role that couldn't have lasted very long before getting irritating. I've only seen Brad Dourif (to the best of my knowledge) in Millennium and X Files and I loved his portrayal of both of those characters.

I also recall reading somewhere that Lindsay Crouse thought she would have a recurring role on Millennium. Maybe they were trying out various roles/actors in the early days to see which would fit best.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
There's this article:

www.web-magic.demon.co.uk/lance_faninterview.htm

where he says:

A. My older daughter wanted to be an actress when she was young but I refused to let her because I wanted her to have childhood. Children need to be allowed to have a proper childhood. But I got her into a [Millennium] show: she played a runaway child in one episode. And she loved it. I would take her to the set and the make up people were all over her because she is such a cute girl.

This daughter is Alcamy who was born in 1987, so she'd have been around 9 or 10 years old at the start of Millennium. I can't find any other article where Lance mentions his daughter playing a part in Millennium and, as you say, he doesn't mention which episode. The only episode I can think of that might possibly fit the description of "runaway child" is Force Majeure (season 1), where there seemed to be a number of younger children hiding in the basement of the house where the Iron Lung Man is.

Forgive me for differing with you, but I seem to remember that in a small biography of Mr. Henriksen he mentioned this point with reference to the episode 'Monster' where his daughter was one of the children running away from the teacher when accusations were brought against her...

Of course, Dennis, choosing to go off to some secret place and await the apocalypse with a horde of young, blonde, nubile girls (over 18 of course) would most likely have served as a distraction rather than an inspiration...LOL...Millennium What??? Frank who???

4th Horseman

Heh heh..., excellent point there 4H! BTW, I think 'Alcamy' is an awesome name; I have never heard it used phonetically as a name before...

Guest gethsemane

Thanks for all the info. I was leaning towards Through a Glass Darkly because of a couple of scenes girls ran away. The one in the swing at the beginning and one in the woods later. I was going by memory(which isn't saying much) so I could be confused on this. Now I'll have to watch Monster again. Thanks again for the heads up!

Thanks for all the info. I was leaning towards Through a Glass Darkly because of a couple of scenes girls ran away. The one in the swing at the beginning and one in the woods later. I was going by memory(which isn't saying much) so I could be confused on this. Now I'll have to watch Monster again. Thanks again for the heads up!

Absolutely! :oneeyedwinK