"Suddenly Millennium"

Rate this topic

Guest jasminefire

Guest jasminefire
Does anyone remember watching a "Mad TV" sketch titled "Suddenly Millennium"?  It was a juxtaposition of Our Favorite Show and "Suddenly Susan," with Frank Black standing in for Brooke Shields. And are there any other MM parodies I may have missed?

...........yeah......"PROFILER"! :p  :rofl:

I COULD'NT RESIST!

se7en :ouro:

:rofl:  :rofl:  :laugh_big:  :laugh_big:

OMG!!! DAVE!!! That was toooooo funny!!!  Good one man!!!!  I always though that show was such a complete ripp off myself!  Though, I have to admit to watching it, because of its millenniumistic/forensic format and themes.  I have to admit that, even though shows like this are a ripp off of MLM, I was glad to have something at least millenniumistic to watch after the show was cancelled.

As far as the Mad TV skit, I would LOVE to see that!!!  As may be obvious, I love the humour of MillenniuM and any MillenniuM related spoofing or humour.

Does anyone have the Mad TV skit on tape?  I would be willing to trade generously for it...  A different kind of Deal with the  :devil01: , I mean Psycho...

:hands4: Scott

Guest Second Coming
"Suddenly Millennium"? Holy crap, I would have loved to have seen that.  Does anyone have a snynopsis of what happened?

Hey, Scott!  Here's ANOTHER rip-off for you!  That VERY short lived series named "Haunted"!  They even named the guy Frank I think...(*or was it all a bad dream?*  I tried to block it out)

Oh, well, back to my den.... :devil01:

RavenWolf

Guest TheSunKing1972
yup, that's one of the things that makes me so mad....MillenniuM went away and suddenly they're many shows that are just about clones.....  C.S.I. reminds me of it..... :angry_steaming_big:  :frank_black:

.......i dunno........CSI is,to me,an entirely different animal than MM. if i thought,or felt it was a clone/rip-off of MM i never would have watched. i love both versions of the show. CSI always reminded of LAW&ORDER only it was about forensics.     .......just my opinion though

~se7en :ouro:

My previous quote was not meant to affirm any criticism of CSI.  I actually think it is a great show... yes, both versions.  But, definitely part of the appeal is the forensic science and investigation.  And for me, that enjoyment is inextricably tied to MLM.  I mean, before MLM I just enjoyed the forensics genre of movies and tv for their own sake.  But after MLM, I can't separate the enjoyment of the whole forensics thing from associations to MLM.  I just can't.  I won't! LOL!

And CSI is truly a great show in its own right.  But I can see elements of the show, beyond just the heavy forensics, that might seem millenniumistic.  For instance, when one of the investigators hones in of some aspect of the crime scene or evidence... there is a visual-flash-sequence, where we see the evidence or object that they are focusing on, magnified, etc.  And the sounds that accompanying these sequenses.  They sort of remind me of Franks flash-visions in a way.  Also, when a member of the team is trying to talk thru or discussing what actually happened with each other, a wittness or the suspect - it takes you thru and visual scene of what happened.  This also sort of reminds me of Franks visions.  I know that these sequences are different in nature from Frank's visions, but they still remind me of it... Especailly when you consider this in the context of a forensics investigation show.

Just some thoughts.

:hands4: Scott