Hello, it's great to be among like minded fans!

Guest Solomon Kane

Guest Solomon Kane

I have been a fan of this show since it first aired and I could not get any of my friends to watch it. Millennium was always my own fascination. To me, the show had so much more to offer than the X-files.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I have been a fan of this show since it first aired and I could not get any of my friends to watch it. Millennium was always my own fascination. To me, the show had so much more to offer than the X-files.

Hello, Solomon Kane and welcome. Yes, I feel the exact same way as you. My Step Mom was the only person I knew who watched this great show before it was canceled, and even she jumped ship somewhere in the middle of season 2. I have no idea why, as this was my favorite season, but I really have no friends or acquaintances (outside this board) who are interested in the show. It's a shame because it really was an incredible show, and I agree that it was better than the X-files, which is probably its closest competition in my opinion. I'm glad you found this web sight because it is always improving and evolving and adding great new members, and as you begin to explore the sight you will be more and more amazed at how much it has to offer.

Hello, Solomon Kane and welcome. Yes, I feel the exact same way as you. My Step Mom was the only person I knew who watched this great show before it was canceled, and even she jumped ship somewhere in the middle of season 2. I have no idea why, as this was my favorite season, but I really have no friends or acquaintances (outside this board) who are interested in the show. It's a shame because it really was an incredible show, and I agree that it was better than the X-files, which is probably its closest competition in my opinion. I'm glad you found this web sight because it is always improving and evolving and adding great new members, and as you begin to explore the sight you will be more and more amazed at how much it has to offer.
Solomon Kane - welcome to TIWWA...glad to have you here...

MIB - dont fret my good friend....i can approach 10 arbitrary people on any given day and mention MillenniuM and get nothing but the "deer in headlight" response...i never got into the x-files much, so i am no expert when comparing the two...my wife has developed a respect for my obsession to MnM, and i have actually had her sit down with me and watch a few episodes...but, and this is not meant to be mean, the essence of the show goes right over her head...as it does to a great percentage of the population. I have come to the conclusion that unless you are "sensitive" to some of the issues addressed by MillenniuM (Legion, good vs evil, etc), the true message is missed...

4th Horseman..

It's amazing just how many members first posts start off just this way.

Welcome, and thank you for joining This Is Who We Are....

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Solomon Kane - welcome to TIWWA...glad to have you here...

MIB - dont fret my good friend....i can approach 10 arbitrary people on any given day and mention MillenniuM and get nothing but the "deer in headlight" response...i never got into the x-files much, so i am no expert when comparing the two...my wife has developed a respect for my obsession to MnM, and i have actually had her sit down with me and watch a few episodes...but, and this is not meant to be mean, the essence of the show goes right over her head...as it does to a great percentage of the population. I have come to the conclusion that unless you are "sensitive" to some of the issues addressed by MillenniuM (Legion, good vs evil, etc), the true message is missed...

4th Horseman..

Yes, it seems like Millennium was one of those shows that you either love or just don't get at all. I guess a lot of the things that draw me to the show are probably the same things that drive some people away. Being that it is a dark, sometimes dreary, and always thought provoking and complicated story about the darkest depths of humanity, it is probably not something that appeals to the same people who watched "Seinfeld" and "Friends" on a regular basis. I think if more people did give MM a chance, they would have found that it had much more to offer than what they might have seen in the first 15 minutes of the Pilot before they turned it off, and that's not to say the first 15 minutes of the Pilot weren't just about the best TV I had ever seen to that point. Speaking of X-files, I don't think I give it enought credit at times. To be honest, way back when both shows were still going strong, I probably would have been hard pressed to pick a favorite, but I still do think it would have been MM. I think the thing X-files had going for it was that many people viewed Mulder as more charismatic and easy on the eyes than Frank, and that X-files, while having some degree of similarity, was generally a lot "lighter" than Millennium. I guess, in many cases, all people needed to hear or see was that the show was a study of evil and the dark side of human nature, and they decided to take a pass. Oh, and by the way, speaking of preference, I personally don't think Mulder had anything on Frank in the charisma or looks department, I am just going by opinions I have heard from other people.

Guest SouthernCelt

Welcome Solomon Kane.

As to MM's popularity, a lot of the people I've tried to introduce the show to won't let themselves become interested because they're afraid of the subject matter. Some, mostly female, say, "It'll give me bad dreams," while others say, "I don't like gory/violent/crime shows." A lot of the males just say they'd rather be doing other stuff besides watching TV. So, to each his own, I just think they're missing out on a lot.

Guest Solomon Kane

Thanks folks. MIB, like you I think the 2nd season was the best and I really wanted the third season to go even deeper into the good verses evil theme. Chris Carter had other ideas...which at the time bummed me out! So I missed some of the third season in protest - ok it was pointless but I now have the 3rd season boxed set and it is very good.

As far as the X-Files goes, I was a big fan for the first few years, but the show fell into formula writing and became stale.

Edited by Solomon Kane
Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Thanks folks. MIB, like you I think the 2nd season was the best and I really wanted the third season to go even deeper into the good verses evil theme. Chris Carter had other ideas...which at the time bummed me out! So I missed some of the third season in protest - ok it was pointless but I now have the 3rd season boxed set and it is very good.

As far as the X-Files goes, I was a big fan for the first few years, but the show fell into formula writing and became stale.

LOL, yes, a lot of people seemed to protest season 3. As I have probably mentioned many times here, I remembered it as being inferior to the first two seasons, but upon recieving my season 3 DVDs and watching them extensively, I have had a change of heart, and season 3 has actually scratched and clawed its way to a close third. I still rank my favorites as season two, then season one, and then season three last, but, to me, they are bunched more closely together than I had previously thought. I'm sure that, among all the members here, you will find just about every variation of this ranking. One of the things that makes this forum so interested is the wide variety of opinions you'll find here, including at least one member I can think of who thinks season 3 was better than season 2...... and yes, I agree on the X-files. The show kind of peaked early and, to me, started to decline somewhere around the beginning of season 6. Of course, this is just my opinion, but by seasons 8 and 9 I had slipped from rabid fanatic to casual viewer.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___

Yet ANOTHER sensitive, intelligent, and discerning person who KNOWS that the 2nd season ROX!!!

I tell ya..., we are all gonna friggin' rise up and kick all the everlovin' @sses of you folks out there who dis the 2nd season!!!

MWAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!

:gehenna:

Oh, BTW, a VERY warm welcome to you Soloman Kane (B*tchin' name, BTW :yes:)